1993 Sociando

It is Friday and the boys get Friday candy pepsi
Mom and Dad gets cheap thin herbaeceus weedy boredaux wine from an off-off vintage
And we love it champagne.gif
IMG_20190315_182604.jpg

What on earth is that in the background?

Alien

I was gonna ask, then chickened out.

It’s obvious. A science experiment!

It is a sculpture by the Swedish artist and Professor Anders Kruger
http://anderskruger.se
The wine still is in fond memory [cheers.gif]

Molten Turkey with Golf Tee?

Looks like my chicken comment was close. :wink:

I saw last week, and it rolled over to this week, 375s of 1993 Sociando but with an opening price of $55 per split. I passed, that’s a bit steep for the vintage. Would love to try one, but not taking the shot.

I payed 35 $ for it
Its a cheap vintage [cheers.gif]

Oh…i thought it was your former liver

Nice to see the '93 clicking on its vegy cylinders!
Truth is…I actually get more excited to drink off vintages than the hyped.

I was recently reading notes on the '91-'94 pichon lalande’s and my mouth started watering…I am actually leaning to purchase a '93 or '94

In retrospect I do not consider 94 an off vintage. A special one indeed, but certainly not bad. Especiallly not from right bank (e.g. Magdelaine and Canon are beautiful)
I have had several great left 93´s too
I am afraid my liver do not look as healthy as on the pic [cheers.gif]

Marc, I just bought some 94 Lalande. I had a 93 about 5 years ago, along with a 93 Mouton, but of which were quite lovely. I’ll pop the 94 with you.

See there is no need for me to further purchase any wines!! Robert beats me to it…looking forward to it Alfert

I just opened the 1994 Sociando (i have an allmost complete Sociando vertikal 1985->2014. In this vintage I still have a whole case+)
And it is fantastic. Not very oppulent, but with a lot of fragrance and taste.
An AFWE wine with a lot of taste and extremely amounts of delicious tannins
Love it more than the great 1993

Next up is 1995 [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

I had the 95 last week. It will shine.

I love bdx but I can’t think of a less appetizing combination than 1993 and Sociando

Well its currently 1994 and it is brilliant. But 1993 is also great. Amazingly young and fresh in both color and taste.
But off course 1994 is better
Both are cheaper or the same as 2016 so it is easy to give it a try

On day 2 the 1994 is still brilliant. A wow wine with lingering acids and tannins.
As it is dirt cheap it is tremendous QPR
Had it with a Bourgogne 1er cru (2009 Lecheneaut Pruliers) and that was too mellow to compete