TN: 2011 Stella di Compalto BdM Riserva

Never had this producer before, ordered over dinner. Note below. Very impressive, great with Elk Ragu Papperdelle.

P&P though deserves a decant. One of the best young Brunellos I’ve had. Intoxicating nose of dark fruit, earth, hints of smoke and spice. Very forward for a young BdM (the vintage?) is packed with dark red fruit, pepper, spices, a hint of leather. Very very long, good acid, a little tannin and great balance. Somehow is delicate while also packing a very Brunello-esque punch. Stunning. 93

I visited them on my honeymoon to Tuscany, and they make incredible wines. I loved the few that I tried. The only unfortunate thing is that they are so expensive in the US…

Ashish funny that you visited them. How did you choose them?

One of my wine friends who visits Tuscany each year set up the visit! I’m glad they did… the wines were great and the winemaker was very friendly and educational.

she’s a wonderful visit and chock full of knowledge. Made me fall even more in love with her wines as that’s still one of my favorite visits to any winery that I’ve been to

These are stella-r wines. I just wish they were more available. The 2010 bottling of this remains the best brunello I have yet had. I have 3 magnums left and they are going to be killer 5-10 years from now.

Timely note. Thanks! Heading to Tuscany in May and want to try to taste here. I’ve heard great things.

Anybody have the 2008 vintage recently?

I’ve had it twice, the first time it was drop dead gorgeous. The second time it had VA problems. Both bottles came from the same source, so ymmv