TN: 2014 Ultramarine Blanc de Noirs Heintz Vineyard

Haven’t seen a TN on here but this was just spectacular. Light toast and fruit on first sniff, abundant mousse, lemon lime and exotic fruits and florals on the nose, lychee, starfruits, etc, with a crisp, acidic palate. This tastes nothing like champagne but is fantastic in its own unique way. It’s very interesting how that’s the case. Dangerously easy to drink.

Thanks. I have not yet opened any of the 2014s.

+1
Michael- Any upside to waiting? How long was bottle open? Evolution? Or did it you drain it too quickly as I would have?

Very informative note!

Out of curiosity, how long does it typically take to get off the wait list? Thanks!

It seemed to evolve a bit over time; I saved a glass overnight, so we’ll see if it is different today. I don’t know if it will get much better with time but it’s pretty fantastic now. No reason to wait, IMO.

I got on the list between the 12 and 13 releases and didn’t have to wait at all. I think demand has increased though.

Thanks, Michael.

Josh- No need to wait! [wink.gif]

It’s interesting; I went to michael’s dinner at majordomo last year and we had the 10 LD and 12 bdb and bdn from mag. I thought the 12 bdn was initially fantastic but felt slightly flabby with food, but the 14 bdn was not only a bit richer but also went great with food. Excited to open a bdb.

Hopefully we get offered more of the 15s than the 14s.

Anybody have an email or phone # contact for Ultramarine - please PM me. I moved jobs and do not have access to my former email to send them my new info. Thanks, Greg