NINE SUNS Save the Date

Just received the STD for the spring release of NINE SUNS, including a 2016 Grenache and a 2017 White Wine (100% sauvignon blanc). Never heard or seen of the latter before; wondering what anyone else knows about it? Pricing?

Here is the description from the STD:

“This 100% Sauvignon Blanc first offers a delicate blend of fruit and vibrant minerality, which is later accented by lovely, subtle hints of lemon blossom. Elements develop from citrus zest to rounded green apple. The firm and pleasing acidity is balanced by a richness that lends breadth to the considerable length on this wine.”

I tried it a couple years ago at the winery and remember it being very good.

One of the very, very best SB’s I’ve had from CA. Really well made.

I’m intrigued by the SB as well. For folks who had it, how does it compare with Arkenstone/Dana/Vineyard 29/Eisele?

Same here for the Sauvignon Blanc. Any idea on pricing for those who’ve been to the winery?

I heard from a friend that the SB pricing is around $80

Thanks David! I can live with that. At least it’s not $195!

Don’t think I’d want to “receive an STD”@!

I was really interested in the Grenache, but at $200/bottle with only 3 pack options, think I need to pass.

Just placed my order in for the Sauvignon Blanc. Interested to compare it to others in its price range.

$200 Grenache. $80 Sauvignon Blanc. That’s not including tax or shipping. Wonder if they are recouping costs for Napa Valley real estate? [wow.gif]

Order in for a 3 pack of each. Agree that the Grenache is expensive, but, based on the excellence of their other wines, willing to take a flyer.

Wow - just wow. What’s the current price on Rayas?

Cheers.

Debating the SB…$86/bottle including tax with free pickup, pretty steep but I’m intrigued.

Was planning on grabbing both wines but the Grenache is a little too steep. Going to compare the SB to others in same(ish) price range. Realm, La Pelle, Aesthete, Melka, etc

Is this the Ghost Horse equivalent of Grenache in Napa? This is pretty wacko to me.

This is a pass for me. i only buy 1 domestic grenache in this range i am doubt this will compare for my palate. Almost did SB, as i have been trying others in this range, but i haven’t found one i like as much as Bevan so i think i will be stopping that experiment as well. Looking forward to hearing what buyers think.

Isn’t La Pelle Sauvignon Blanc around half the price, while the Melka White is around double the price?

Haha I did say same(ish)

You are correct though, from memory I believe the La Pelle was $45 and the Melka was $140

Just ordered the SB. I have some Eisele I’d like to compare it to as well.