Realm shipment into Bomb Cyclone

Someone did not do there DD shipping this week into Denver with this Bomb Cyclone storm we are getting today into tomorrow. Just hope the wines show up with no damage.

Let us know how it goes.

Fingers crossed for ya!

When is shipment supposed to arrive ?

Hope everything is okay for you out there! Most likely the carrier will hold the package, perhaps?

Doesn’t look cold enough to freeze wine.

Yeah, only super cold temps will freeze wine. If in styro it takes prolonged temps below zero. I would have 0 worries.

Suppose to arrive tomorrow. Realm does not use styro. They ship in boxes. Lots of wind and snow so trucks coming from Utah where it was this morning, might have issues coming over the mountains. Glad that the really high winds are on the eastern plains of CO.

Great, I have one Bedrock shipment in Utah and the other in New Mexico.

Temperatures looked fine from TV: I didn’t notice any reporters wearing Canada Goose coats. Hopefully the truck doesn’t get blown over though!

Maybe they’ll arrive ahead of schedule with that wind at their back.

Wine in weather delay currently in southern CO. The truck must have taken the southern mountain route from Moab instead of coming over I-70. I know 1-25 south was closed from the Springs to Denver. Opening this morning. Hopeful the wine arrives today at the FedEx hub. Nothing like watching a $1000 of wine sitting in the freezing temp. With wind chill over night close to 5 degrees.

Have experienced a burst water pipe in a heated home during the late January polar vortex, I am nervous.

Denver lows last night weren’t that low, getting down to 26 (it might have been colder where you wine actually spent the night). That’s usually not enough to freeze the wine, especially not enough to push the cork which is the biggest worry. Wind chill is not really relevant to inanimate objects freezing (it won’t lower the liquid’s temperature below the air temperature).

Not Realm, but I had three shipments coming from the west coast this week: only one made it through the Rockies (and technically, that was the one that was routed over the Rockies, rather than through).

Seems like the wineries/shippers should/could have held the shipments .

Wind chill doesn’t affect wines! [wow.gif]

The Polar Vortex drops temperatures. This is merely a snow/wind event. Stop worrying.

My worry has never been the wine freezing. Corks being pushed out is my worry. I am sure if there are any issues that Realm would take care of it. I do think that the shipper should have taken in account the weather and possibly delays in route.

FWIW, corks push out when wine freezes. I had this happen once in Boulder after over 20 years of shipping wines. Wine was authorized to shipped not by me but the buddy I was sharing with. It sat over a holiday weekend when the highs were single digits or below zero. I figured it would be frozen and yes 1 out of every 3 bottles had pushed up corks. There were whites and we drank them anyway and tasted fine. But I did not age any as who knows and I was thirsty.

If something goes wrong I am sure Realm will make it right. I realize everyone saying not to worry does no good until you see and touch them. I used to worry much more about shipping than now.

I am sure all will be fine. I would normally not post on something like this, but being stuck inside yesterday and thinking about it, well I had to let it out. Normally its the delivery driver waiting for me to leave the house so they can miss me:)