Fine Disregard Spring Release

I went all in on the Mataro as I can’t wait to see what they’ve done with it. Skipped the Semillion as I don’t have the patience to age it…and considering going back for the Grenache despite not normally liking the grape. The 2016 Lost Row Syrah was a revelation for me so I’m looking forward to when they release that.

Has anyone tried the Grenache, by chance?

Ah … I am now rethinking my order! Got 4 Semillion since I’ve enjoyed it young … trying one Grenache but may need to increase my one Mataro.

Julian - how does their Mataro compare to Once & Future if you’ve had both?

Adding - their Semillion has been one of my surprises in trying a few completely new to me vineyards … really tasty and interesting.

I think this is the first time they’ve made a Mataro, so you know as much as I do. Yes, their Semillon is very good and great value to boot.

First timer, but looking forward to trying all three. Price points are reasonable & Ian Brand recommended them.

Ordered 4 Mataro and 2 Grenache. The Millhouse Semillon is special, but had to skip this Napa version. When the Lost Row Syrah in released in the Fall, buy what you can, great stuff.

Hmmm. Did this release just happen? Been a buyer since the 1st vintage (I think) but didnt receive an email.

Release email yesterday … you should contact them.

Thanks Siun - appreciate it. Really dig the semillon!

Sorry to be jumping into the thread a bit late. Spent most of yesterday resolving allocation and website issues.

Rich, sorry about the confusion!! Promise we haven’t bumped you from the list. Your allocation is open on the site. Feel free to let me know if you have any problems logging in or want me to resend the Release email.

To answer the Mataro question upstream… The major difference I see between ours and Joel’s (and even Tegan’s) is that of location. Oakley Road is about mile from the Delta. In my experience, those wines tend to be a bit brighter and more red fruited. Pato is about a mile further inland and produces wines that are slightly more structured and perfumed. I should add that we owe Morgan and Bedrock a MASSIVE thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with the Pato vineyard. It’s a special place.

Thanks, everyone!!

Contra Costa Wine Heritage” thread post on the Fine Disregard Mataro: link

Napa Wine Project
“Fine Disregard Wine Company”

by Dave

Forbes
“For Love Not Money: These Napa Valley Passion Projects Are Worth Your Attention”

Michelle Williams
December 17, 2018

Fine Disregard website:

I keep reading this as Fine, Disregard Spring Release and think someone has had the guts to not buy any wines this spring.

Thanks for the links Drew - so nice to have the extra info. I’m pretending I’m limiting my purchases but the Semillion is a must have for me - very special bottles.

Thanks Mike - Spam folder strikes again. Order in for some Semillon! Strongly recommended for those who have not tried it before. Killer wine at an incredible price.

in for two of each. COCO MATARO!

Just opened the 2016 Semillon which was astounding! Went back and ordered a mixed 6 pack of the Grenache, Mataro and Semillon. Great value.

What are the prices? Couldn’t find any on their website.

$28 or so for the Mataro. Very fair indeed, and the other wines are around this price.

22 for Semillon, 26 Mataro, 30 for Grenache

Wow. That’s pretty attractive pricing, indeed!

Haven’t opened the Mataro yet but the Semillion was amazing.