Post wines that tastes like cheese please!

Love wines that taste like cheese but I have only tried a few and I would like to find some more. Anyone have wines that have a cheese taste to it? Please post which ones!

The 2015 Domaine des Baumard Savennieres we popped open a couple weeks ago was so stinky/ripe/cheesy I had a hard time getting through it. Others seemed to like it though…This might be your cup of tea

Some aglianicos can have a cheesy note to them, usually the smaller producers who do not make ‘clean’ wines.

Dave, what kind of cheese? Can you give any examples of categories or specific wines where you’ve found the characteristic that you’re talking about? This could mean so many different things.

Just had a 2015 vino di sasso robola de cephalonie, a natural wine from greece. A nice white with citrus and orchard fruit but also a solid bloomy rind cheese note, like a touch of brie. Though that was aroma not taste.

Doug, most recently I tasted it in an Andremily Mourvedre. I dont know exactly what kind of cheese it was but two others I was with had the same reaction. I’m looking for something not nearly as expensive as this tho!

I am familiar with PAIRING wine and cheese, looking to complement or contrast some flavor component of each. (e.g. acidic grassiness of fresh goat cheese matched with that of some Sauv Blancs). But thinking about WINE TASTING LIKE CHEESE is almost blowing my mind (or what’s left of it). I have never, ever, looked at it this way. Dave, [cheers.gif] to you for offering this new-to-me point of view.

Wow, I better up my vocabulary.

I’ve never had a wine and used “cheese” in my description.

Fascinating!

Oh, wait, maybe “teleme” once for a sparkling wine.

Try an aglianico like I suggested above. Sometimes you get cheese, like a hard rind parmesan.

Aglianico and cheese? Oh please…never had a good one with cheese notes.

I’ve had ports with nutty notes, but was told by many on here that I was nuts.

That was my thoughts.

This may be the best thread title ever.

I once had a Barral Faugeres that tasted like cow$hit and Époisses, but I don’t think that was intentional.

Side note, don’t ship natural wines from Florida retailers in June.

DaveL, your request is so “out there”, that I think you might be messing with us. Nevertheless, I choose to play: You might try 2017 Brusset Cairanne Blanc “Les Travers” that I enjoyed recently. There was a distinct herbal/flower/other taste that was familiar but I could not name. Maybe it was cheese [shrug.gif] ?! This is a blend of Clairette, Grenache blanc, Roussanne, and Viognier. Available at Total Wine $17.

Non-premoxed old Dauvissat.

Old dry white Bordeaux. Semillon can go a bit cheesy after 30 years. I remember a Fieuzal 83 was a particular exemplar.

I can get a Parmesan rind note in White Burgs of a certain age …

Pecorino. If nothing else it sounds like cheese.

RT

Great question, I don’t know the answer. I’m just here in case someone else has some recommendations!