Offsite storage NYC - Specific Questions

I know there are a number of threads on this topic, and I believe I’ve read most of them. I’m looking for more specific and current advice on two questions:

1. Which sites are actually available? Many threads mention waiting lists.

2. Which sites have low/no minimums? I’m only looking to store a few cases (less than 5) and don’t need easy access to them as I don’t plan to touch them for a couple years.

Thanks in advance.

Try Manhattan Wine Company. I store very little there; I started less than one year ago with just 8 cases, no problem.

Any other new thoughts about storage. Not sure eventual case range but likely around 10 to start. Probably only 5-7 cases for 5 year LT storage.

It seems like the one in NYC the main ones are Domaine, mhw, wine vault, vintage wine, and manna. Domaine seems to have their act together on information to new customers as well as vintage, manna and Manhattan. I was trying to get info from Wine Vault @ Western, but it seems like they must be for big collections. Does any use wine vault and have any experiences to share? Similarly with the others, I think I have seen on the boards that they all seem pretty good. The main limitation being that all or most are closed on the weekend.

Regardless of which storage facility, be sure to insure independently of the operator, ideally via Chubb or AIG.

Clients who stored and insured their wine at Safe Harbour learned the hard way.

Random thought, but if its just 3 to 5 cases, do you have a friend with a cellar that you could drop them into?

Happy customer since it opened

http://www.horseridgecellars.com/

Thanks Brad. Yeah I have friends with wine fridges and have split up a few bottles. And another with one that they dont use. Since the one with the one fridge isn’t closeby trying not to store a bunch with them. Good idea about the cellar with a friend. I guess I dont want to have my bottles held hostage :slight_smile:
May need to get over the desire for for wine storage independence and just have thank dinners with my friends storing my wines. Thanks for the tips all.

Yep the open wine fridge that’s a possibility is in ct.

How do they do NYC pickups/deliveries?

Not sure. Contact Jed

I’ve been very happy with MWC.

Separately, does anyone in NYC have a contact at Chubb? It looks like they have dozens of agents in the area.

Where exactly is Horse Ridge Cellars? Their website does not say.

I live in NYC and use Domaine in NJ. Ancillary fees are brutal (e.g., asking them to mail out a bottle of wine), but can work very well for LT storage.

Outside of Hartford

Thanks everyone for their replies. Of course, costs depend on the amount that you cellar. Based on the recommendations of the board - thought I would provide a definitive list for those in the future to check out. (There may be others, or I may have ruled others out since they were non responsive or may have had poor reviews as wine storage facilities)

Domaine
Manhattan Wine Cellars
Vintage Wine Cellars
Chelsea Wine Storage. (No min storage fee)

Seem to be the best bets. (Horse Ridge - if you live or work in Fairfield County, CT).

Also try The Wine Cellarage in the Bronx.

And I’d add River Valley in Hawthorne (Westchester). I’m local and can easily pick up, but have friends in city who have used and been happy with deliveries.
And both River Valley and Wine Cellarage are located near hilltops.