Ceritas VS Arnot-Roberts

Not exactly the same, but both certainly darling enough to be compared. And I do like them both, just not sure how much. Been drinking a few bottlesfrom both recently and pretty much the only thing not to like is the price.

Arnot Roberts to me is all about Syrah. Their Syrahs with age are a thing of beauty. For Burgundian varietals, I’ll take Ceritas any day of the week.

For chards, hands down Ceritas for my taste.

I understand your question but it’s not my problem

+1

Me too, Ceritas Chardonnay is next-level CA wine.

I’m looking fwd to The A-R Cabs I have resting. Maybe test drive a 2010 next holiday season.

Ceritas.

Ceritas for me. I was on the Arnot-Roberts mailing list for a few years but couldn’t see the value. Wines were OK but not great. Ceritas Chardonnay is easily the best in CA.

Arnot-Roberts cabs need time, but with some years of bottle age are wonderful expressions of the grape and site.
A-R’s syrah wines are wonderful as well.
But for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, I think Ceritas makes some of the finest, elegant wines coming out of California.

I find Ceritas a little too cute. But maybe that is just me?

Pulled an 11 PMR to go with lump dungeness tonight.

What time is dinner? I’ll be right over. Yum !

Arnot for Syrah and Cabs

Ceritas for Chardonnay

Tied for Pinot, although my experience with Ceritas PN is limited…

Anyone skipping out on the Ceritas Cab doesn’t know what they’re missing.

So what is your problem then?

To the original poster, I don’t think you need to choose. And there are so many other producers out there, why focus on only 2? I think they are different, with Arnot-Roberts more alligned to the AFWE wines, Ceritas more traditional. Both are lighter in weight compared to many others from the Golden State. If you want Trousseau or Syrah, you’ll have to go to AR because Ceritas doesn’t make them.

We love the A-R Trousseau.

Bruce Lee wax removal…
7D62E552-B369-4E23-B7F3-3E27C9324233.jpeg

Can’t stand wax seals…

TTT

Plus oooooooooone!

Also not my problem