TN: 2011 Kevin White Winery La Fraternité

• 2011 Kevin White Winery La Fraternité - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Yakima Valley (3/8/2019)
    Day 1: Pop and pour. Open for business right out of the gate. Pepper, Garrique, spices, raspberries and stone. Savory wine and balanced. Multilayered, long finish. This is an amazing effort and will be seeking out more of this wine. 93+ (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Good to hear. I have a pair of '16s sleeping quietly

Thanks for posting John, in my book the this producer is the the WA St. Rhone QPR champ, and by a country mile.

Dale I look forward to visiting Kevin White this Summer and many other Walla Walla producers. I just was at a WA state trade tasting and blown away at the quality of the wines right now for the money.

Love the Dusted Valley wines for the money.
2014 Dusted Valley Vintners Syrah Stained Tooth – USA, Washington, Columbia Valley
I have to disagree with the tracker average on this one. Floral, roasted meats, blue fruits, earth and stones. Medium plus finish and great purity. This wine has another 5 plus years of enjoyment. I could see this improving in a few years. 93+ (93 pts.)

2014 Dusted Valley Vintners Syrah Tall Tales Walla Walla Valley – USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley
Spice, floral, white pepper, red currants and floral notes. This is not as intense as the 14 stained tooth. Very balanced and good acidity. This should evolve over the next 5 years. (93 pts.)

Day 2: White pepper, stones, raspberries, floral, spice and roasted meats. Savory wine and medium to long finish. Beautifully crafted wine and one of the best QPR wines I have sampled in a long time. 94 points

I saw your notes and John, well done! I’ll add some thoughts later today or tomorrow.

Agreed. One of the better Rhone producers in Washington State. Others may be better but all of them are charging far more. That Kevin White Blue Label for $15 was an awesome deal.

I know it sold out but what is the most recent vintage of La Fraternite go for?

$23 ish.

[quote$23 ish.][/quote]Wow! [cheers.gif]

Day 3: White pepper, floral, spice, gravel and raspberries. Amazing how well this has held up over 3 days. Still vibrant and delicious although day 2 was a bit better. 92 points
Recommendation: This is an amazing effort for $20. I would drink this now to 2024.

Note that Kevin is actually in Woodinville rather than WW.