TN: 2010 Domaine Le Roc Des Anges Côtes du Roussillon Villages Reliefs

2010 Domaine Le Roc Des Anges Côtes du Roussillon Villages Reliefs - France, Languedoc Roussillon, Roussillon, Côtes du Roussillon Villages (3/7/2019)
Darkest opaque garnet, has an enticing nose of dark crushed fruit and garrigue underbrush; full bodied, but still light enough on its feet, oozes dark blackberry/boysenberry fruit, the 60% Carignane and 25% Syrah dominate the 25% Grenache; some sweeter notes are here, but balanced by the flavorful, almost volcanic darker base fruit notes. Moderate, somewhat chalky tannins come through on the finish. Not a style of wine I drink often, but it’s a tasty glass once in a while. (91 pts.)

Thanks for the note! Any thoughts on the producer in general? At a dinner during the Ampuis wine fair two years ago someone ordered a bottle of their white off the list and I remember it being rather nice (I do not drink a lot of Southern whites normally). There seems to be a ridiculous number of cuvées available and for the most part the prices are not that high so I’m intrigued.