retailer check: Westgarth wines?

anyone know these folks? Do they actually own their inventory or are they trying to broker the middle? I ask because they were defaulting to case quantities on some wine which usually means they don’t own it. I did read about the founder and he is a “first class oenophile” [wow.gif]

thanks

Hello Paul

This is Alex from Westgarth Wines. How can I help you?

Kind regards

Alex

Bringing this back up to see if anyone’s had experience ordering from them. Timing, communication, condition?

The answer to Paul’s question appears to be here: Thanksgiving dinner mishap - 1982 Mouton - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Do they offer a money-back guarantee for older bottles that taste like or show signs of heat damage or leakage as suggested by the owner’s claims in that thread?

Hello David

Here’s some communication for you but you can probably get a more timely response if you contact the company directly. Timing…most products are available on a 60-90 day delivery eta, some on a 10-14 days and others on a 7-10 day eta. Eta’s depend on the current location of the stock.

I certainly never mentioned a money back guarantee or return if the wine is corked as all sales are final and we dont offer returns of refunds so lets get that crystal clear.

To clarify more about my previous posts. On any wines older than 2000 photos will be available on request once the wine has been purchased. If at that point you decide you dont like the condition of the case we will gladly refund you in full. Acceptable reasons for not liking the condition of a case are damaged Labels or foils, low fill levels, signs if seepage or protruding corks which can all be seen on the High Res photo provided.

Requesting a photo does need to be requested immediately after purchase however. Best practice is once you get the order confirmation to reply to it and say. ‘Can I please see a picture of the case.’ If you do not request a photo immediately ( with in a few hours) we will assume you trust our judgment on the order and order will become completely none refundable.

Many US merchants buy back wines from collectors that have stored the wines in their own private cellars. We do not do this. We only source wines in original packaging in Europe and by doing so the provenance of our stock is better than stock that merchants have bought back from private customers who have stored their wines in home cellars or lock ups.

I hope this answers some of your question and please do reach out to the company if you wish to have any more questions answered

Cheers

Thanks Alex for the quick and clear response.