Burglary bait

Nice to show the stuff at this address: 360 Furman St APT 1216, Brooklyn, NY

I bet the building has some pretty good security. But a little Hong scolding never hurt.

$16MM for a Brooklyn Heights address? That’s highway robbery.

The wine cellar picture was kinda grainy, but it looked like a lot of Opus One and VCP.

A couple of nice Persian rugs !

So many random thoughts: $15mm doesn’t go that far in the NYC area. What is victor doing cruising $15mm pads? What is with that stove hood??

A bargain, since Zillow estimates its value at $21M! Maybe discounted because there are no window coverings in the bathroom… Still, disappointing that there are no pix of the ”buttlers” pantry!

Back in 2014 they had it listed for $32mm yowsa’

HOA is over $10,000 a month?!? That’s a fat housing cost if it was all inclusive. But it does suggests that there is indeed some security.

[rofl.gif]

He must have just sucked a lemon and needed to pair it with a nice scold.

Maybe it is bait. Could be the beginning of a sting operation. There’s been some high end wine theft in the news the last few years.

Like “Bait Car”, but for degenrate winos.

Up until about 1979, our local newspaper included home addresses in their obituaries. We were taking burglary reports on most of those with no relative listed at the residence address of the deceased, (wife, caregiver, etc.). Threats of lawsuits finally brought it to an end. But it doesn’t matter. The media reports on restaurant/business XYZ to be closed for two months for renovations. Same thing happens, you know, like the French Laundry.

It really depends on your line of work. I had to go out and gather intelligence on drug dealers through informants, surveillance and wire tapping if I could justify it. A burglar sits at home and picks up the news paper for leads on jobs.

Pretty cheesy art for such an expensive pad… rolleyes

TTT

Yep…my uncle died a several years back just outside of Dallas. Funeral notice was published in the local rag. While everyone was mourning his passing, some total douchebag(s) broke into the house and cleaned it out. Proof positive that the human race is a total cesspool.

Looks like they were too cheap to hire a decorator and went to Home Goods and Pottery Barn instead.

Zillow, Redfin, and other listing sites have become art galleries, of a sort.

Bold price increase from 2010 to 2014; Reno can’t have cost more than 1m probably.

The 2010 price was the original unit, they bought multiple units (6 or 7 I think) and renovated

I know the owner and I have enjoyed an evening of wine in this apartment. It is a beautiful apartment, an urban palace combined from nine or so smaller units, if I recall correctly. As for the art, it’s legit and includes original Miró and Chagall works, and a Han Dynasty horse sculpture (if I recall correctly), among others. The owner is a serious collector of wine, brings some older gems to NYC wine events and I’m lucky and appreciative to have tasted many of them.

Experienced this with a friend and fellow wine nut recently. They were able to get a bicycle and TV’s among a few other items. Thankfully another friend had already cleaned out his Eurocave and transported the wines to a safe off site storage location. Not sure they would’ve known what he had but it would have been a big loss.