2013 F. Rinaldi Barolo Cannubi Riserva

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
JohnP

2013 F. Rinaldi Barolo Cannubi Riserva

#1 Post by JohnP » February 28th, 2019, 11:25 am

I've been a longtime fan of Francesco Rinaldi Barolo. So in 2013 they made a "Riserva", first time ever. Has anyone tried this yet? I hear it doesn't hit the US shore until the Fall. The 2013 normale Cannubi was reviewed fairly well however I cannot find a single note about this riserva.
John Pollard

Jörgen Lindström Carlvik
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: 2013 F. Rinaldi Barolo Cannubi Riserva

#2 Post by Jörgen Lindström Carlvik » March 13th, 2019, 4:06 pm

It was bottled from a single Botti, so just over 3500 bottles produced. Paola Rinaldi let it rest one more in barrel compared to her regular Cannubi from the same vintage, and it's the first Riserva bottling in modern times. It's a great, great wine. I tasted it twice six weeks ago and scored both bottles 97 points. It should be on the boat towards the US by now or within shortly. Allocations were done more than a year ago, and sold instantly.
ITB. www.brixwine.se

JohnP

#3 Post by JohnP » March 13th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Jörgen Lindström Carlvik wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 4:06 pm
It was bottled from a single Botti, so just over 3500 bottles produced. Paola Rinaldi let it rest one more in barrel compared to her regular Cannubi from the same vintage, and it's the first Riserva bottling in modern times. It's a great, great wine. I tasted it twice six weeks ago and scored both bottles 97 points. It should be on the boat towards the US by now or within shortly. Allocations were done more than a year ago, and sold instantly.
Thanks Jorgen. I'm excited to try it and was able to find a US retailer who has a few on pre-arrival @ $120 a pop. I was bummed to find out that no wood boxes were available, only cardboard. Just curious, what was the release price?
John Pollard

Jörgen Lindström Carlvik
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Jörgen Lindström Carlvik » March 15th, 2019, 3:56 am

JohnP wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 7:11 pm
Jörgen Lindström Carlvik wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 4:06 pm
Thanks Jorgen. I'm excited to try it and was able to find a US retailer who has a few on pre-arrival @ $120 a pop. I was bummed to find out that no wood boxes were available, only cardboard. Just curious, what was the release price?
Cannot remember exactly but ca EUR 45 ex cellar towards importers.
ITB. www.brixwine.se

Return to “Wine Talk”