Buying in and taking delivery in France

We have a place in Nice, France (I know…). I want to purchase wine there for delivery to our apartment there. Outside of visiting Domaines themselves which we do, I would like to buy from a retailer for delivery. As an example, having purchased in California some 2017 Dauvissat Forest for what is double the price of yesteryear, I see on Wine-Searcher that it is for sale for a reasonable $66 US from Patrice Vins Selection near Lyon. They’ll ship for 25 euros for a case. Anyone know them, know others or have thoughts about buying in France for delivery in France?

no familiarity with them, but i’ve had stuff purchased and delivered in france no problem. Might have to add VAT if the pricing is ex-vat

Thanks Charlie. I’ll likely give them a go. The prices don’t include the 19.6% VAT. That changes the math a bit, but California is at 9% or so.

If you bring the wine back to the US eventually, you should be able to reclaim the VAT.

Steve, obviously I do this all the time! The only problem with deliveries here is that like everywhere, I imagine, the quality of the delivery service can be variable. I looked at their website and noticed that they use La Poste (French postal service). La Poste has two delivery services - Chronopost and Colissimo; it seems that Patrice Vins use the latter. Chronopost is more expensive but much more efficient: they will confirm a delivery time which they normally stick to, phoning to make sure you are present just before the delivery man arrives. Colissimo, on the other hand, is a nightmare. There is no guaranteed delivery time and if nobody is at home they just leave the wine outside the door (or in my case, they literally chuck it over the gate!). The only solution is to choose a delivery point, which will be a local store, in a list they will have, like a bakery or a post office. You then receive a text message telling you the wine has arrived, which you can pick up yourself (this is more comfortable anyway).

Thanks John. It will be consumed in Nice.