Cellar recommendation - EuroCave FranceCave (Wine Enthusiast) vs EuroCave Artevino III (Costco)

Hi folks,
It looks like this topic has come up a handful of times on this forum, but I’m wondering if anyone here has experience with what seems to be these EuroCave “offbrands.” Maybe that’s too strong a word, but these definitely seem like spinoffs. Both the Francecave and Artevino III can be had for $2199, but I don’t know why I would go with one or the other, or how these stack up to the traditional EuroCave cellars. For example, can I expect the same level of reliability that EuroCave has a reputation for? If not, should I also be considering other things as well (eg Vinotheque by Wine Enthusiast, N’FINITY Pro, etc.)

Links:

https://www.wineenthusiast.com/francecave-by-eurocave-wine-cellar.asp (sales guy said there’s a promo down to $2,199)

Thanks!

2 Likes

Based solely on the seller, I’d buy from Costco 1000x over WE. No comment about the specific cellars, though, which was your question. [berserker.gif]

3 Likes

Actually, that helps a lot! That may be the deciding factor here…

1 Like

Curious as well… I’d imagine Costco is much easier to deal with from a returns/something went wrong perspective

I have an Artevino that is going on 5 years old now. So far so good. Also, I believe eurocave manufacters the Artevino line.

4 Likes

Costco defn doubles the manufacturer warranty

1 Like

Costco’s CC will add 2 yrs into the warranty. Not sure what Costco itself adds…

2 Likes

Just bought the double Artevino III setup from Costco. Couldn’t be more pleased. We also bought some extra shelves and the charcoal filters - available with a quick call to WE.

I echo the people above that buying from Costco is much safer - they will take it back, no questions asked, if something goes wrong. Could probably be 10 years on and they’d still take it. Just save your receipt!

3 Likes

Agree with the comments on the Artevino III from Costco. I bought one last fall, and had no issues. I believe it is manufactured from Eurocave. From my day job (involved in high value manufacturing similar to this) it is quite likely this is functionally identical to a “branded” Eurocave…it’s often cheaper to repackage the outside and sell for a cheaper price point than design/manufacture/maintain a completely separate product that does the exact same thing.

1 Like

I’ve seen some old WE videos on YouTube that make think it’s an old Eurocave design they are continuing to manufacture and sell at a lower price point.

1 Like

I have both eurocave units and the Artevino. Main difference I see is the shelving in the Artevino are a less expensive design and do not use the rolling shelf design. The side walls are also a bit thinner, less insulation I guess. I use wireless tag units in both to monitor temperature and humidity, they both maintain the desired levels.

Thought I would update this thread on my decision. I ended up going with the EuroCave FranceCave directly from Wine Enthusiast for the following reasons:

• The Artevino III seems to still be a Wine Enthusiast brand based on the details on the Costco product page
  • I spoke with a WE rep and he said the two have the same cooling system and the cabinet is pretty much the same as well
  • WE rep took price down to $1,999 (compared to Artevino III’s $2199 price) and also gave a $100 merchandise coupon

The two things that Artevino III has that the FranceCave doesn’t is a charcoal filter and display shelf. It also comes with an additional normal shelf. Given that the system has continuous air circulation, I feel that the charcoal filter won’t make a significant difference.

Agree with folks here that Costco is much easier to deal with for returns/exchanges/etc., but it doesn’t seem like I’ll have issues with this unit, at least not within the warranty period.

2 Likes

Fill it up! [berserker.gif]

Any feedback given you’re ~4 months in?

I am now about 5 months post purchase of 2x Artevino III and they are amazing. Really love the units. Temperature and humidity are constant. Noise from the compressors is acceptable (they are in my office and I am on the phone all day - never notice them).

1 Like

Just bumped this thread as I pulled the trigger on the Artevino III by EuroCave (Costco) which will go in a room/office attached to my garage. Inflation is a [head-bang.gif] as the price has gone up quite a bit in the last few years.

As suggested by several, I sprung for some upgraded shelves on WE:

Thanks for the tips and I will post again after I’ve had the unit for a while.

We’ve had the Eurocave 600 for 5 years now and not a whisper of a problem. It replaced a WE unit that gave us fits most of its short existence. I will be buying a second 300+ bottle Eurocave to go along. Are in our cellar so we don’t really hear any noise.

1 Like

Jose, did you get the Artevino for $2500? I ask because I was looking a week ago and that was the price, now all of a sudden it went up to $3000…Hoping this is temporary low stock/holiday related. Anyone know if the price has temporarily popped up like this in the past? Here I was, waiting for it to go on sale so I might get it a bit cheaper, what a fool I am!

I am with you - was waiting for that 1999-2199 pricing that has been a standard sale price over the last year or so. But I guess with rising prices due to shortages, shipping costs, etc maybe the price has went up. Took bad I didn’t pull the trigger earlier. Hoping I am wrong.

they might have a black friday sale or something.

1 Like