2018 Ridge Monte Bello futures offer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Eric S n y d e r

Re: 2018 Ridge Monte Bello futures offer

#51 Post by Eric S n y d e r » February 28th, 2019, 7:27 pm

JDavisRoby wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 6:57 pm
Question about MB futures and really futures in general where the wine is not expected to be consumed for 15+ years.

Does the price savings of buying futures get eroded by the storage costs of holding a wine vs the cost of storing that wine for the duration? Based on today’s pricing it’s approx $100 to store a bottle for 20 years.

According to CellarTracker/WMJ a 1998 Ridge Monte Bello auction value is $133. Not sure what release price in 99-00 was but it had to be more than $35.

Anyone else run that math and decide futures or long term storage aren’t worth it?
Known provenance has a high value in my mind.

Also, my off site storage (in today’s dollar) costs me $2 per bottle per year. So 20 years = $40.

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#52 Post by JDavisRoby » February 28th, 2019, 7:37 pm

$0.16 a bottle? How many bottles? Mine is $0.33 per bottle. I’ve seen up to $0.50/bottle.

I get provenance and totally understand the intangible value of drinking something you’ve owned all that time.

I’m not advocating to not store long term. I’m doing it myself. I’m just curious what conclusions others have come to and why.
Joshu@

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#53 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » February 28th, 2019, 7:39 pm

JDavisRoby wrote:
Question about MB futures and really futures in general where the wine is not expected to be consumed for 15+ years.

Does the price savings of buying futures get eroded by the storage costs of holding a wine vs the cost of storing that wine for the duration? Based on today’s pricing it’s approx $100 to store a bottle for 20 years.

According to CellarTracker/WMJ a 1998 Ridge Monte Bello auction value is $133. Not sure what release price in 99-00 was but it had to be more than $35.

Anyone else run that math and decide futures or long term storage aren’t worth it?
Yes, your logic is probably correct, but provenance comes into play as well.

Jmigliano

#54 Post by Jmigliano » February 28th, 2019, 10:38 pm

Wow. Wait 10 years till drinking so if I got a future offer this year which ships in 2021. Most would wait till 2031 to drink them. Not sure I have the patience for that.
J o h n

Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#55 Post by Cris Whetstone » February 28th, 2019, 11:23 pm

Jmigliano wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Wow. Wait 10 years till drinking so if I got a future offer this year which ships in 2021. Most would wait till 2031 to drink them. Not sure I have the patience for that.
There's tons of comparably priced Cabs out of Napa that drink their best within a few years of release. [cheers.gif]
WetRock

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." - Francis Bacon

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#56 Post by Neal.Mollen » March 1st, 2019, 5:21 am

JDavisRoby wrote:

Yes and no. Money expended to build a climate controlled cellar is a sunk cost. Adding a few bottles of MB doesn't incrementally increase that cost, and forgoing MB doesn't lower it. So while on a balance sheet basis there is some truth to what you say, in a practical sense it is a meaningless inquiry.

I think most who buy and cellar wines for this length of time have made the investment in a cellar because they want to drink aged wine, and want to ensure that the bottles they drink have been properly cared for throughout the aging process. Although I suspect that one comes out ahead in a strictly economic sense too, that really is irrelevant (or at least a very minor consideration)
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#57 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » March 1st, 2019, 7:14 am

It's pretty clear we are all engaged in a pretty silly pursuit. Most hobbies are.

[cheers.gif]
Cheers,
/<evin

"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

Richard Jen

#58 Post by Richard Jen » March 1st, 2019, 11:21 am

Joe G a l e w s k i wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 3:22 pm
I'm confused. I have to buy the estate wines, and maybe I'll be offered some Montebello? 2017 was the first year I bought Montebello.
Seems to be the case. Credit card just got charged for estate wines. No news on Montebello yet.

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#59 Post by Neal.Mollen » March 1st, 2019, 2:15 pm

Richard Jen wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 11:21 am
I'm confused. I have to buy the estate wines, and maybe I'll be offered some Montebello? 2017 was the first year I bought Montebello.
Seems to be the case. Credit card just got charged for estate wines. No news on Montebello yet.
I don't know what the current program is, but as of a year or so ago, there was no "maybe" about it. You had to buy a number of the estate wines, but if you did you could but MB. This may have changed.

But Ridge has outstanding customer service. An email or a phone call will set you straight

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#60 Post by Scott Jameson » March 1st, 2019, 3:02 pm

Richard Jen wrote:
The email with my futures allocation information said my credit card would be charged on 13 March. Any changes (reductions only this year) to my allocation needs to be done by 10 March. I've been a MB buyer since long before there was futures program, so I'm fairly certain there isn't an earlier date. I suggest you check your account on the 14th or 15th ...

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#61 Post by Wes Barton » March 1st, 2019, 3:09 pm

JDavisRoby wrote:

'98 was easily the worst vintage 1959 to current. Hollow/weak/austere for a long time. They admit they made a mistake not declassifying it. It has come around, gaining weight, filling out. Say 90 points and a "buy" at $40. The next worst vintage was '83, which they did declassify/recall. Anyway, you can't judge based on that anomaly (plus, the over-all quality vintage to vintage has improved).
ITB - Useless lackey

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#62 Post by Wes Barton » March 1st, 2019, 3:23 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 2:15 pm
Richard Jen wrote:
I don't know what the current program is, but as of a year or so ago, there was no "maybe" about it. You had to buy a number of the estate wines, but if you did you could buy MB. This may have changed.

But Ridge has outstanding customer service. An email or a phone call will set you straight
Your Monte Bello Futures will be charged to the following card on file.............on March 13th, 2019 and will be shipped in March, 2021.
They are separate transactions. The estate wines are current release and ship right away. The futures haven't been charged yet. Can't answer the question, so asking would be best, but I'd assume buying estate would mean you get an offer.

Also not mentioned is they allocate a portion of the Monte Bello to the futures program. Some is going to distribution, some for their tasting room and some for their library.
ITB - Useless lackey

Mike C.

#63 Post by Mike C. » March 2nd, 2019, 9:56 am

Last year was my first year buying futures, and I just dropped my membership since there's no guarantee of an allocation. As just a two-bottle member, the economics don't work out if I have to buy the estate wines and then miss one cycle of futures.

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#64 Post by Neal.Mollen » March 2nd, 2019, 9:59 am

Mike C. wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 9:56 am
Last year was my first year buying futures, and I just dropped my membership since there's no guarantee of an allocation. As just a two-bottle member, the economics don't work out if I have to buy the estate wines and then miss one cycle of futures.
Did you call them? I'm just not sure what the rules are these days

Mike C.

#65 Post by Mike C. » March 2nd, 2019, 10:00 am

Neal.Mollen wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 9:59 am
Mike C. wrote:
I did. Tried to skip this year's estate purchase (or at least postpone until after an allocation was secured) but was told "no". Figure I can always sign up again in the future.

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#66 Post by Neal.Mollen » March 2nd, 2019, 10:13 am

Mike C. wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:00 am
Neal.Mollen wrote:
Mike C. wrote:
I did. Tried to skip this year's estate purchase (or at least postpone until after an allocation was secured) but was told "no". Figure I can always sign up again in the future.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I suppose it was inevitable that things would change

Joe G a l e w s k i
GCC Member
GCC Member

#67 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i » March 2nd, 2019, 11:28 am

I emailed Ridge, and got the same response. I have to buy the estate wines, and MAYBE I'll be offered some Monte Bello in May. I'm trying to come to terms with that.

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#68 Post by JDavisRoby » March 2nd, 2019, 12:59 pm

March 2nd, 2019, 11:28 am
I emailed Ridge, and got the same response. I have to buy the estate wines, and MAYBE I'll be offered some Monte Bello in May. I'm trying to come to terms with that.
This is why I haven’t pulled the lever on signing up for their futures.
Joshu@

Jim F
GCC Member
GCC Member

#69 Post by Jim F » March 3rd, 2019, 2:40 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:13 am
Mike C. wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:00 am
Neal.Mollen wrote:

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I suppose it was inevitable that things would change
Yeah,crapola. Also Hope they don’t chase down existing futures buying to re-up on the estate.
Jim Freeman

Al Osterheld

#70 Post by Al Osterheld » March 3rd, 2019, 4:10 pm

Yeah,crapola. Also Hope they don’t chase down existing futures buying to re-up on the estate.
I don't think they will, you signed up when the rules were different. Neal and I dropped off the Futures list a year apart, but both after they had changed the rules for new people who joined. I was always sent offers for various wines (and not just the Estate wines), but had no obligation to buy. I'm pretty sure they would inform you before changing the terms for your access to Monte Bello futures.

-Al

Andrew A r n t f i e l d

#71 Post by Andrew A r n t f i e l d » March 5th, 2019, 2:31 am

Neal.Mollen wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 7:57 am
If not for my age and my strong preference for aged MB, I would eagerly make this purchase every year. I dropped off 2 years ago
I’m in the same boat. I was going to drop off this year but couldn’t resist the 2018 offer.

FWIW my first year on the list was for the 2013 vintage. No waiting list, and I’ve never been asked to purchase the Estate wines. My allocation has been steady each year at 4 x 750 Monte Bello.

MAT Cramer

#72 Post by MAT Cramer » March 6th, 2019, 4:50 am

As a slight side note (don't want to open a new topic for this).

Am in the position to acquire a case of 12*375ml Ridge MB 2015 for a fair price from someone already having bought it and now looking to unload..

Now since i do not have any CA cellared at the moment I am sorely tempted (I know I know, but I'm from Europe ;), but I also do not have any experience with cellaring 375's long term, what is the final judgement on the effect of smaller bottles on the ageing process and this vintage in general? What could i expect out of this?
Last edited by MAT Cramer on March 6th, 2019, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#73 Post by Scott Jameson » March 6th, 2019, 5:04 am

MAT Cramer wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 4:50 am

Am in the position to acquire a case of 12*375ml Ridge MB 2015 for a fair price from someone already having bought it and now looking to unload..

Now since i do not have any Napa cellared at the moment I am sorely tempted (I know I know, but I'm from Europe ;), but I also do not have any experience with cellaring 375's long term, what is the final judgement on the effect of smaller bottles on the ageing process and this vintage in general? What could i expect out of this?
I've only tried the 2015 MB once, at one of Ridge's events last year. That said, all indications are it will be an outstanding example of MB. A 12-pack of 375s would be a great opportunity to follow the wine's development over the next 10-20 years, by trying a bottle every 1-2 years. Perhaps the aging process will be accelerated some by the smaller bottle, but I'd have no concerns about expecting these bottles to go 20 years or longer (assuming proper storage, of course). I'd give in to your temptation, as it sounds like this is a rare chance to get a great CA (not Napa) wine and watch it evolve.

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#74 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » March 6th, 2019, 6:30 am

FWIW, I was on the Ridge MB mailing list years ago. My last vintage was 2010, with an allocation of 6 bottles. Now that I signed up again (same account), my new allocation is 2 bottles (although that may have something to do with the low yields that year, I don't know), and I need to purchase the 3 Estate wines.
Last edited by K_F_o_l_e_y on March 6th, 2019, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
/<evin

MAT Cramer

#75 Post by MAT Cramer » March 6th, 2019, 7:58 am

Scott Jameson wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 5:04 am
MAT Cramer wrote:

Now since i do not have any Napa cellared at the moment I am sorely tempted (I know I know, but I'm from Europe ;), but I also do not have any experience with cellaring 375's long term, what is the final judgement on the effect of smaller bottles on the ageing process and this vintage in general? What could i expect out of this?
I've only tried the 2015 MB once, at one of Ridge's events last year. That said, all indications are it will be an outstanding example of MB. A 12-pack of 375s would be a great opportunity to follow the wine's development over the next 10-20 years, by trying a bottle every 1-2 years. Perhaps the aging process will be accelerated some by the smaller bottle, but I'd have no concerns about expecting these bottles to go 20 years or longer (assuming proper storage, of course). I'd give in to your temptation, as it sounds like this is a rare chance to get a great CA (not Napa) wine and watch it evolve.
Just jumped in on the offer, thanks. Will be very curious to sample this! Unfortunately to wait 10 years before opening the first one... Unfortunately it seems quite difficult to find solid provenance aged California Cab where I am, so am afraid i really will have to wait a while. [head-bang.gif]

Alan Eden
GCC Member
GCC Member

#76 Post by Alan Eden » March 6th, 2019, 8:38 am

This blackmail tactic by Ridge is not good, wineries that tie lower level wines to get the allocated ones should be dropped. If enough people drop them then they will lose the arrogance, their are to many nice people to buy wine off in California to be putting up with this bullshit. It only seems to have occurred since Paul Draper has stepped back and probably some MBA idiot is making this decision to blackmail customers.

Vote with your business and drop these guys
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#77 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » March 6th, 2019, 8:54 am

Alan Eden wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 8:38 am
This blackmail tactic by Ridge is not good, wineries that tie lower level wines to get the allocated ones should be dropped. If enough people drop them then they will lose the arrogance, their are to many nice people to buy wine off in California to be putting up with this bullshit. It only seems to have occurred since Paul Draper has stepped back and probably some MBA idiot is making this decision to blackmail customers.

There's only one Ridge. [cheers.gif]

You can probably also blame Parker. For years, he failed to pay much attention to Ridge, and hence it was under the radar for a lot of people. Now WA is giving big scores to every vintage. I'd raise prices too if I were them.
Cheers,
/<evin

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#78 Post by Scott Jameson » March 6th, 2019, 9:29 am

MAT Cramer wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 7:58 am
Scott Jameson wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 5:04 am
MAT Cramer wrote:

Just jumped in on the offer, thanks. Will be very curious to sample this! Unfortunately to wait 10 years before opening the first one... Unfortunately it seems quite difficult to find solid provenance aged California Cab where I am, so am afraid i really will have to wait a while. [head-bang.gif]
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not suggesting you wait 10 years to try the 1st bottle. Try one soon, and again once every 1-2 years. Your 12 bottles will last 10-20 years and it should be fascinating to watch how they change (or maybe not) over that time.

Justin S

#79 Post by Justin S » March 6th, 2019, 9:37 am

Alan Eden wrote:

I did actually drop off, mostly because I do not have much interest in the estate wines (and my cellar is already way past full). Requiring customers to buy the estate wines itself does not bother me, because in exchange you get the Monte Bello at a discounted rate. Then consider access to the assemblage/tasting events. Not a bad deal overall.

Agree with you though, it does leave a bad taste in the mouth if you don't get the allocation. No idea what are the chances of that and sounds like 2018 availability is lower than usual due to more severe selection in the vineyard.
$ ! n g h

Mark Morrissette
GCC Member
GCC Member

#80 Post by Mark Morrissette » March 6th, 2019, 9:44 am

Alan Eden wrote:

Could not disagree more, but to each their own.

True, I am "forced" to buy wine I might not otherwise buy, but it is still very good wine, at a very fair price. In exchange, I get MB futures at a 40% discount off their release price. And, I get 15% off other Ridge purchases I make throughout the year, and they frequently have free-shipping offers. The free shipping alone nearly covers the "forced" purchases for me.

Other lists I am on, I find I am "forced" to buy wine as well. They have a minimum order of 6 (or 12) bottles, and I only want 3 (or 6). And, if I don't want to buy in a particular year, I am "forced" to buy or I am dropped from the list. Then, they charge an arm-and-a-leg for shipping.

Bottom line: I am not forced to buy any wine at all! I stay on the lists because I see some value from them, for some reason. For me personally, if I were to drop all of my lists but one, the one I would keep would be Ridge. I understand you feel differently, but wanted to point out that some of us see real value there.

Eric S n y d e r

#81 Post by Eric S n y d e r » March 6th, 2019, 10:04 am

Alan Eden wrote:

Strong stance. Bottom line for me is that even though buying estate wines is annoying, you’re buying a world class wine at a massive discount in return. I don’t think they could financially justify continuing the futures discount without packaging the estate wines, so it becomes a personal choice at that point. For me, I like the estate wines, but if I didn’t, I would likely drop out.

Blackmail? You’re not being forced to buy futures (or anything at all). Feel free to pay full retail at release in order to avoid the estate wines.

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#82 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » March 6th, 2019, 10:19 am

Alan Eden wrote:

Alan, 99.9% of the time I'd agree with your point, but not in this case. As others have said, the MB is significantly discounted off of retail, and the estate wines are top-notch and worth buying in their own right. In my humble opinion, Ridge Monte Bello is legendary, iconic, and the finest of its kind coming out of North America. A true connoisseur shouldn't pass these up.
(Unless you won't be around long enough to let these age!) champagne.gif

robert creth
GCC Member
GCC Member

#83 Post by robert creth » March 6th, 2019, 12:15 pm

So you are getting a world class wine at a discount, but are buying 3 bottles of their so-so bottles at regular prices to get them. I am on the list for this year and expect my first Monte Bello this shipment. I will likely go through with this year and re-evaluate, as I have not had a Ridge that thrilled me. I tend to agree with Alan though, don’t like the business model.

e chin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#84 Post by e chin » March 6th, 2019, 12:43 pm

robert creth wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:15 pm
So you are getting a world class wine at a discount, but are buying 3 bottles of their so-so bottles at regular prices to get them. I am on the list for this year and expect my first Monte Bello this shipment. I will likely go through with this year and re-evaluate, as I have not had a Ridge that thrilled me. I tend to agree with Alan though, don’t like the business model.
You got me confused here, you're not thrilled about Ridge, but you want to get on the list for some reason? I fortunately signed up for the MB before having to purchase the Estate. I get people want just to purchase the MB, kind of like cherry picking only the most sought out of their list. However when you signup you know what the requirements are so I'm not sure sour grapes are in order.
Ed

“if you're comfortable with your passions and opinions, you shouldn't feel the need to convince other people that they're wrong” Tim Fish

robert creth
GCC Member
GCC Member

#85 Post by robert creth » March 6th, 2019, 2:59 pm

I just want to try the MB and see if I’m missing something. Nothing more. And I realize the price of admission. Still don’t like it.

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#86 Post by Scott Jameson » March 6th, 2019, 3:09 pm

robert creth wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:15 pm
I'm confused here, too. In another thread, you said you got your first MB futures offer this year (and you were debating whether to purchase the wine). What do you mean when you say you "expect my first Monte Bello this shipment ?"

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#87 Post by Wes Barton » March 6th, 2019, 3:43 pm

robert creth wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 2:59 pm
I just want to try the MB and see if I’m missing something. Nothing more. And I realize the price of admission. Still don’t like it.
I wouldn't call their "Estate" wines so-so. (Well, maybe the Merlot. Their best lots of estate Merlot are world-class, but go into Monte Bello of are bottled separately as part of the Historic Vineyard Series. What's left for the "Estate" is maybe around 91 pts for me.) The Chard is oaky on release (to some people's tastes), but that integrates. When mature, it is one of the best in the state. The Cab is a long secret. It is Monte Bello fruit, now from all mature vines. I've had mature bottles that could pass for Monte Bello. It's a strong second wine. Vintages like '13 and '15 were "back up the truck".
ITB - Useless lackey

e chin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#88 Post by e chin » March 6th, 2019, 4:34 pm

robert creth wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 2:59 pm
Might I suggest then to minimize the cost is to purchase an older vintage from an online site if they are not readily available to you locally. I had the good fortune to try a 70's vintage and that was good enough for me to signup.
Ed

“if you're comfortable with your passions and opinions, you shouldn't feel the need to convince other people that they're wrong” Tim Fish

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#89 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » March 6th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Wes Barton wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 3:43 pm
Vintages like '13 and '15 were "back up the truck".
Wes, what are your thoughts on the 2016?

NoahR

#90 Post by NoahR » March 6th, 2019, 5:51 pm

I usually agree with Alan, but also think he’s off base. There are dozens of threads singing the praises of the Estate “Baby Bello” and claiming how, at around $50 it’s one of the finest bargains in California. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Merlot as well.

I started buying futures for the 2013 vintage and only wish i coukd have started earlier, as the discount is somewhere between substantial and profound, and prices are seriously escalating for secondary market wines. Two bottles of the excellent 1991 just sold on K&L for well over $400/bottle.

Having done vertical tastings from the 70’s-2013, I can say for certain that there are few off years. The 1998 and 2000 even were both excellent and drinking well, and are probably among the worst vintages in recent memory.

Hard to find a wine so consistently made, classically styled, fairly priced, with little loss of quality even in off vintages, and the futures pricing is really great. I am lucky to get over a case, and the additional cost of the Estate wines is minimal and they are very good. If I could only get two bottles, perhaps I would think differently, but, given the quality, I don’t think so. Would be nice if they could figure out how to ship it together though - that shouldn’t be hard.
Noah Raizman
Washington, DC

Larry Stein

#91 Post by Larry Stein » March 6th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Scott Fitzgerald wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 4:36 pm
Wes Barton wrote:
I think the first chance to taste ‘16 Estate will be this weekend. I’ll be there on Sunday as will Wes. ‘15 Estate is simply terrific. I had a 30% off coupon so at $42, it was an absolute steal.

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#92 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » March 6th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Larry Stein wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Scott Fitzgerald wrote:
Wes Barton wrote:
I think the first chance to taste ‘16 Estate will be this weekend. I’ll be there on Sunday as will Wes. ‘15 Estate is simply terrific. I had a 30% off coupon so at $42, it was an absolute steal.
Thanks Larry, look forward to the notes!

Glen Gold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#93 Post by Glen Gold » March 6th, 2019, 8:02 pm

Larry Stein wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Scott Fitzgerald wrote:
Wes Barton wrote:
I'm in the Monte Bello program and have no issues with getting the Estate cabernet, as it's staggeringly good. I have a case of the 13 estate and one of the 15 -- was about to get a case of the 16 Estate but am now curious how/whether a mere mortal might get one of those 30% off coupons. [scratch.gif]

Larry Stein

#94 Post by Larry Stein » March 6th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Ridge mailed it to me when I joined the Montebello Futures club. I was late on the draw so my first vintage was 2014. I didn’t have to buy Estate when I joined.

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#95 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » March 6th, 2019, 8:11 pm

I'm just waiting for their next free shipping promo.

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#96 Post by Wes Barton » March 6th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Scott Fitzgerald wrote:
Wes Barton wrote:
I expect to be try the '16 Estate Cab for the first time this Sunday at the Components Tasting.
ITB - Useless lackey

Steve Brickley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#97 Post by Steve Brickley » March 7th, 2019, 9:52 pm

Wes Barton wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 9:16 pm
Scott Fitzgerald wrote:
Wes Barton wrote:
I expect to be try the '16 Estate Cab for the first time this Sunday at the Components Tasting.
We’re headed there Sunday also. I heard the weather may be good that day. See you there.
Steve

Nick O
GCC Member
GCC Member

#98 Post by Nick O » March 7th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Did anybody else have their allocation decreased? For the 2017 I had 8x375ml, 6x750ml, and 1x1.5l. For the 2018 vintage I was only offered 6x 750ml. Did this happen to anybody else?
Nick Olla

Bdklein

#99 Post by Bdklein » March 8th, 2019, 3:51 am

Nick O wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 10:28 pm
Did anybody else have their allocation decreased? For the 2017 I had 8x375ml, 6x750ml, and 1x1.5l. For the 2018 vintage I was only offered 6x 750ml. Did this happen to anybody else?
What did you order of the 2017 allocation?
Bruce Klein

Nick O
GCC Member
GCC Member

#100 Post by Nick O » March 8th, 2019, 7:48 am

Bdklein wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 3:51 am
Nick O wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 10:28 pm
What did you order of the 2017 allocation?
I took my full allocation last year. Not sure what gives. This is only the third year that I’ve purchased futures, so maybe that has something to do with it?
Nick Olla

Return to “Wine Talk”