TN: 2013 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs Côte de Val Vilaine

champagne.gif

• 2013 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs Côte de Val Vilaine - France, Champagne (2/25/2019)
    This is absolutely killing it right now. Almost burgundian in its intensity. Rich and nuanced with bright zippy acidity. Really blossoms as it opens and warms to reveal baked bread and the palate softens and opens while the bubbles quietly fade. I’ve liked this bottling before, I loved this one last night. Terrific. Need more.

Posted from CellarTracker

adore his Champagne!

Did you try to taste over several days? It pays off to leave it in the fridge after 1st and 2nd day
This fantastic Champagne requires a good deal of aeration

Claus- I did not, but wish I did. We did enjoy it over the course of several hours and the last glasses were clearly the best glasses. I know Bouchard recommends a decant, I just didn’t do, but kind of wishing I had. Next time…

I would love to save some for day 2 or 3, but I didn’t buy magnums!!

This is just in the name of science. And pleasure
But you will need it in magnums or multiple bottles if also thirsty

We bought plenty of bottles!

Great wine. I have bought a case a year for about the last 10 years. Other than price increases, no complaints.

Bouchard makes fantastic wines every year. I’ve been especially impressed with his 2013s so far.

Same! The 13s are great right now.

Just had the G2018 / V2016
Extremely deep pinot tasting
Absolutely worth the cost
MiL loved it [rofl.gif]

Gorgeous wine - absolutely love it!

Trying hard to not grab one of my 2016s…

16s are tasty. Much rounder and more “wine” like.

Yes it is very rich but still so refreshing

How does the '16 compare with the '15? I’m sitting on a couple of the '15s.

In order to avoid decanting, i usually have a bottle going for 2 or 3 days
This one is full of bubbles on day 3. And much more deep than when opened.
For a cuvee in the bottom of the Cedric Bouchard lineup it is amazing

15 has more acid. 16 more lush.

I seem to remember a lot of complaints about the price on the Envoyer Champagne thread, and I was almost remorseful about my purchase until I opened one.

Drank a V16 bottle last night. Gorgeous, but I’ll leave my remaining bottles alone for quite some time.

What was the price at envoyer?