Wine drinking in France sucks poll

What do you think of wine drinking in France

• The restaurants are always fantastic, food is wonderful and wine is fairly priced with good selection
  • The restaurants are OK if you are even a little selective, you are guaranteed good food and fairly priced wines
  • The restaurants are OK but wine can be expensive with limited choices
  • The food is good but wine is generally overpriced
  • The food is hit or miss and the wine is always good
  • The food is hit or miss and so is the wine

0 voters

There have been almost as many agreements or at least partial agreements with my statement than attacks saying im full of shit. So maybe a poll would be interesting, of course the first replies will be i missed some option that they have found but it is what it is.

You said it and stepped in it. [snort.gif]

I have dined and drunk in many countries - but never as fine as in France.
Sure you have to be a bit selective - as everywhere, also in the US - but the odds are quite high in France that you will find excellent food and very interesting wines - and also at reasonable prices if you don´t limit yourself to *** or several tocs.

I voted taht the food was hit or miss and so is teh wine. taht’s because if it misses it’s not very goodbut when it hits its quite good and if I want morocan food seriously I’ll go to moroco.

This, and the other thread from which it spawned, is just silly. There is a huge range of quality in restaurants, both in France and here in the U.S. Do just a little homework (like some quick searches here), and you’ll have a plethora of options, depending on budget and food interests. You can eat and drink very, very well in both places for under $100/couple, or spend many multiples of that and not eat/drink that well.

Might I suggest a poll: “Do Alan Eden’s trolling threads make you sick?”

neener neener

Yeah, why wasn’t that option available in the poll? As Alan Rath points out, all the others are inconsistently true at best. But that one is true with some consistency.

[barf1.gif] [barf1.gif] [barf1.gif] [barf1.gif] [barf1.gif]

You left off: “First world problem for delicate dilettantes needed something to opine.”

Hint: it can’t suck, you are in France on vacation!

If you are too tightly wrapped for France… neener

“The machinist, the one they called Chef, was from New Orleans. He was wrapped too tight for Vietnam, probably wrapped too tight for New Orleans.”

a now.gif

Right. On WB, we are only supposed to make sweeping negative generalizations about American, or California, wine and dining.

+1.

Clearly…but I do like French fries

Flawed poll - it did not include the correct answer:

The OP has lost his mind.

What would anyone think if a European came to the US and wrote the following:

I went to California where the food and wine is all supposed to be fabulous. I went into a restaurant that seems to be very popular called Applebees. The food was very mediocre and the wine list terrible. Then, the next night I went into Outback. I guess the steaks were ok (but the wait was horrific). Again, the wines were terrible. All American restaurants seem to be terrible and the wine drinking in the US sucks.

Sitting in my hotel room in Lyon, laughing at this poll, after my wife and I just finished a wonderful meal, with wine, at Restaurant Les Adrets. Total bill for both of us was 99 Euro.

But admit it, you drank Red Bicyclette from thick undersized rental condo type wine glasses, right?

People like Alan remind me why I dropped out of wine boards 10 years ago.

Drop off again, nobody will miss you

Wonderful poll, except it needs an option for “Alan is the best troll evah!”.

Love this kind of bickering! [berserker.gif]