Caymus 2012 surprisingly re-selling for a few multiples???

Caymus is always a crowd pleaser, boom boom boom

So I bought a bunch of the 2012 in 750s and 1.0s back at release.

Been drinking at a nomal clip, having fun.

Then looked at the resale or rebuy of the 2012 this week and whoa, crazy stuff!!!

The marketplace has spoken, seems like Caymus sells out baby!

cheers

[winner.gif]

I got a bunch I can unload. 1000s too.

I can’t think of a wine I have liked less. This stuff is just foul to me.

Absolutely Craig. Instant gag reflex. Sickly sweet, jammy and syrupy. I think I still have a 1L or two left in the cellar that I need to off load

Scores are what you would expect with their standard or Special Selection, however it was their 40th anniversary. Perhaps the vintage inspired some nostalgia in the hardened fan-base and made it more scarce.

Its curious if it really is out of line with other vintages’ availability and “relative” scores being relative.

I’m backing up the truck in 2022 because if the 40th is that good then Can you imagine 50th

I was thinking that too, but can only imagine production by then will be well over 100k. I think right now it’s around 60k.

They produced over 122K cases of the 2012.

[rofl.gif]

a LOT of people love it obviously, non-AFWE folks, supply/demand

Given the natural process of supply and demand, I can’t believe the premium for the 2012. I’m right there with you for the 2022.

PT Barnum would be proud.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but anybody that pays $150 Chicago wines price or up to $200 like other stores has too much money to waste ? Why is this wine with monstrous production even if you love it, worth paying at least double release price,just because it has a a pretty commemorative label ? Oh yeah and a famous unnamed critic who most us have never met gave96 points. If all the other vintages were the same price than fine that’s what the market determined as value. But almost all other vintages even aged,are close to release price,and Caymus tastes similar every year

Good new for those that love the wine some on this board do not.and will give you a great deal if you want more !

I am not saying its good or bad as that is totally subjective. Either way no doubt Chuck Wagner and his team are smart. They sell a ton of wine. Not just with Caymus but Belle Glos also and not sure if folks know that recently they made a huge investment to produce wine in Suison Valley. Might get a bottle of the Petite Sirah its called Caymus Suison Grand Durif. As its a different winery and a different grape will give it a whirl. At $50 worth an experiment

I’m sorry I don’t get it??, I quess the 40th is a big deal, LOL

i highlighted the key word

product pepsi

I know you guys think pairings are overrated but this goes so well with pancakes, whipped cream and blueberry jam.

Are you saying they held some back purposely or could not sell it all? Or something else?

Where can I sell mine?

I’d recommend to Get a trench coat and stand out in front of any chain steakhouse that allows corkage.