The dawn of restraint? Passed on most of my allocations

I bought very little Ultramarine, Enfield, VHR, Thomas, Ridge MB (probably my last year of that one) and MacDonald. Added together, perhaps two cases. I skipped my allocations this year from Rhys, Ceritas, Liquid Farm, Cruse, Dirty and Rowdy, Idlewild, Arnot Roberts, and Bedrock. I regret not supporting some of these smaller wineries and great people, but the reality of my age:total wine bottle ratio, and my (lack of) available storage might finally be setting in. My Champagne purchases need to slow a bit now.

Cheers,

Warren

I’m right behind you buddy…almost.

Weaklings.

Must be the weather up here, or realizing we can’t take it with us. [truce.gif]

Honestly, this team needs more commitment than you guys are showing.

Restraint is definitely not behavior becoming of a Wine Berserker. Whatever happened to multi-generational cellars?

Remember how the Beatles “When I’m 64” seemed unfathomable and inapplicable. Ha!
Then, you realize your storage is maxed out.
So much wine, so little time, enough already!
(Sh)It happens.

I joined Team Restraint this year, as well!

If I haven’t unpacked my last shipment, then I am buying less of the wine this offering. Seems to be working.

Probably down over 50%.

I toast your restraint!

in the same boat man. I have cut back from 35 plus lists to about 6 now in the last year or so and it feels glorious. The great part is many of these wineries still sell their wines after the initial offer and sometimes back vintages so if I want a bottle or two I can still support them directly which is what I try to do with the ones i know personally

deep into the process myself

Same here. It’s been a difficult process with some moments of weakness, but I do love the look of my bank account right now. Some have been very hard, as I like to support the small wineries, but some other made the choice for me by pricing me out. The positive aspect is now I can pull the trigger on more of these Envoyer offers!

JF

Also getting on board Team Restraint.

As I’ve mentioned in previous threads, this year I am punting on 95% of my wine purchases. Its time to start putting money back INTO the brokerage account instead of peeling off the gains to buy wine.

Every 2017 Napa email I have received is going into the delete bin. So far so good…

Now next year, when the '18 Napa’s and '15 Brunello’s start arriving- different story…