Does my cellar need birth control or is my wife sneaking wine into it?

I keep drinking wine and bringing it to events and giving it away as gifts, but there are never any empty slots in the cellar. I haven’t figured out yet whether the bottles are having sex behind my back or my wife is buying her kind of wine and filling slots while I am not looking. I know it’s not be buying too much wine because I have substantially reduced purchases and most of my Berserkerday wines have not yet arrived.

Jay? I think a vacation is in order for you. Please consider it. champagne.gif

As soon as I find a place to put the EMH I just bought.

And thank you for doing that. This year in particular has become quite competitive out there.

Jay,

Rebecca is holding my EMH, Becklyn, Myriad, and Sojourn wines. Thanks for understanding. I was going to mention it to you at the Di Fara’s offline next week. [whistle.gif]

DH

And did she also pay for them? I don’t recall seeing a payment from you, Mr. Hammer, nor any instruction to send the wine to either Rebecca nor Jay. Must be a mix-up.

Must be more of that free wine. I know the problem.

I’m all stocked up. I may not be your biggest customer, but I go back to 2005/2006. My first purchase was October 2009.

1 2015 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat (USA, California, Napa Valley)
3 2014 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat (USA, California, Napa Valley)
2 2013 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat (USA, California, Napa Valley)
2 2012 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat (USA, California, Napa Valley)
2 2011 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat (USA, California, Napa Valley)

1 2009 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat 10th Anniversary Special Selection
1 2015 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat Special Selection

I was joking, of course, but you do have a nice line-up there!

My be cellar gremins. I’ve had all sorts of problems with them at my place. Usually they take more than they leave, but once 8 bottles of Gigondas magically appeared. Got some free Baudry too.

It’s probably from all those offlines you used to host - you are just now noticing them!

What’s really going on…

Used to? We are considering gearing up for one final epic bacchanal this summer before I get too old to host you guys.

You had me at ‘epic bacchanal’ - Jorge, get the guest room ready.

I’m game

Keep us posted—I’d like to try to make it this year—just don’t set it for 1st or 2nd week of July :wink: And if I come, I’ll expect brisket, risotto and chocolate cheesecake.

On the thread subject, see Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers :slight_smile:

I’ve heard stories … [dance-clap.gif]

then you better show up when this is planned

Nah. This time I think I’ll go with some old favorites from BF 2.5. Deep fried cajun brined turkey together with oxymoron sandwiches (pulled pork on a challah roll); followed by some new specialties - spiced sesame lamb meatballs a la Levenberg and Ma Po Tofu for my daughter in law. If we are really lucky, I will rent the chocolate fountain again and make thick sliced Costco bacon, which will work better than the thin sliced kind I had last time for dipping into the chocolate.

For those of you who think that’s a ridiculous menu, NOTE that we cook it all from scratch right there in the back yard, and I have since taken a course in how to make mayo to go on the cole slaw we make for the oxymoron sandwiches. We also have had imposed a new rule at all subsequent Berserkerfests, which rule was developed after I cleaned up all the bottles for the first one. You may not come and open a bottle of wine without offering a taste to the host. There were way too many wines the first time that I did not get to taste.

But I still have to clear this with the war department.

Pulled pork on Challah. Something sounds wrong there.