TN: 2010 Scott Paul Cellars Pinot Noir La Paulée (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley)

• 2010 Scott Paul Cellars Pinot Noir La Paulée - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (2/23/2019)
    'Unscrewcapped in the am drank around 7pm. Part of the PDX price dump, this certainly delivers. Bright and nervy, this carries a tasty edge of dark berries that have the acidic zip of a red fruit, such as a raspberry. Lovely overall elegance that certainly tips the hat that this Ms. Fox’s handiwork. 2010 Structure is evident as this still tastes young to me, and a nice closing note of orange peel. Reminds me of a strong Gevrey Villages wine - and even at the regular price of $35(?) I would have been happy, at $18 a steal. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

PXL_20220707_013707103.jpg
The last two nights I’ve been sipping on the 2015 Scott Paul ‘La Paulee’ Pinot Noir [Wilamette Valley] which is a multi vineyard/AVA blend that has grapes from Nysa, Maresh, Ribbon Ridge and Azana. The body is light, the abv low at 13% abv, and the color is on the lighter cranberry. From what I understand the winemakers have scattered, the grape contracts have been re-assigned, and the overall venture is now just a fond memory for the AFWE. Still, I liked this zippy, lighter wine, and it grows on me … but I don’t think I’d want more. Good weeknight PN, that can be opened casually (yay screwcap!) and it gets a B on my scorecard. Finish is medium, but I like the light candied orange peel/zest I get here too.

Garagiste offered these for giveaway prices several years ago and this is a good reason for me why I open their (frequent!) emails.

I think Dale described the wine better than I could!

Scott Paul was sold to a business interest in 2014 and permanently closed in 2019. This is why PDX had a fire sale on all remaining Scott Paul wines. The last complete vintage Kelley Fox made was in 2013. I have drunk a bunch of 2007-2013 wines. The several 2014 I had were already different in style to the negative. The label on your bottle reflects the new ownership.