Options similar to Realm?

I am a huge fan of Realm, and really like the style. I am on the list, however I am wanting more. I believe their wines are fantastic and for the current list price, are a absolute steal. Are there any other vineyards with similar style and cost?

Steve…For similar quality and cost, suggest checking out Rivers Marie. Good lineup that packs varying styles and degrees of punch.

Do you like their single vineyards (spring release) or their blends (fall release)?

Fait-Main!

Already on the RM list and have been for some years now. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Jim, I personally like everything they make – however I think their Spring release wines are an absolute steal.

+1 on Fait Main, especially the Las Piedras bottling.

Also staying on the Benoit theme is Kata.

And another label from, you guessed it, Benoit- Levensohn. Those wines are TASTY

2016 is $190, up from $130s a few years prior. Are the wines $190 tasty?

I pretty much get everything benoit is involved in as well. Realm is one of our favorites

Fait-Main, Kata, Hartwell, Teeter-Totter, Familiar Air, Jack Quinn, why not just try whatever the guy makes?

Steve…Also check out Switchback Ridge Cab and Merlot…Petite is wonderful too.

I would call or email fait-main and see if they have anything left from the 2016’s.

Opened a teeter totter ‘16 cab yesterday at a comparative tasting - around $50 it’s tough to beat if you like Benoit’s style.

Think Bard light

I took your advice and was surprised by their answer:

2016 Fait-Main Beckstoffer Las Piedras Cabernet $735.00/ 3 pack
2016 Fait-Main Bettinelli Sleeping Lady $675.00/ 3 pack
2016 Fait-Main Todeschini Asteria Vineyard $600.00/ 3 pack

I don’t know if this includes OWCs and overnight shipping, but those aren’t the relative bargain numbers I was expecting. I’ll have to ask details, but thought I would share the data point directly from the winery to inform current and potential list members of where things may be headed.

UPDATE from winery:

Yes the prices changed. Let me explain to you why prices have changed.

There is a release price of $175 for Las Piedras and $160 for Sleeping Lady
and after the release offering is closed there is a post release price.

This is why you see $245 for Las Piedras and $225 for sleeping lady.

Wow. That’s quite some markup there. Glad I bought in during release.

I’d advise checking out the following wines:

Memento Mori (SVDs are just dynamite)
Vangone
Carter
Vice Versa
just to name a few! Happy to suggest more if need be

I second all of these wines. Especially Vice Versa. I really like what they are doing and Melka is producing some hella good stuff.

1 Like

2016 Chappellet Signature Cab for $60 a bottle. Probably the best deal in Napa Valley Cabernet. If you like rich, opulent and velvety textured Cab like Realm try a bottle for 1/3 the price. Parker has it at 96 points and Jeb Dunnuck at 96 points as well. Family owned too!!!

Realm buys grapes from my friends the Farellas, so you might want to try their wine.

I found this interesting in some readings tonight. Realm actually leased the entire vineyard from Farella and now Farella pays to buy some of their grapes back. So is Farella really Realm now?..