What's your 'Wonder Grape'?

I mean…That grape you tell your friends about. You always have a bottle around to share with people. The grape you don’t see around very much, or you hope to see more of. For me it’s Marquette. The midwest has been doing some great things with it…High acid, low tannins, great Cherry aromatics. My favorite summer red.

I don’t advertise my favorite wines too much to friends unless they are asking for it but for me it would be a region instead of variety. I don’t really know anyone else who’s into the wines of Savoie but I am personally a fan of especially the whites: Jacquère, Altesse and Roussanne.

Terrantez

The Piedmontese odd birds have always been close to my heart.

The delicate Pelaverga, the lean and stern Grignolino, the sinewy and lean Nascetta, the fleshy yet structured Timorasso…

Also Freisas tend to offer much better bang for the buck than Langhe Nebbiolos.

Nerello mascarese is mine. It’s not always great, but when it is… dang I love it

Tempranillo, Mourvedre, Viognier, and Pinot Blanc.

Mondeuse and charbono…

Ribolla

Mourvedre.

Tannat

manseng, Domaine des Cassagnoles Vin de Pays des Côtes de Gascogne Reserve Selection

Not obscure but imo under appreciated and dynamic - Chenin

Also for quality quaffable whites at a great price point, both Cortese and Piquepoul

Dornfelder

Yes.

Mourvedre and Chenin Blanc for me.

Encruzado.

I suppose I should have asked for your favorite examples of the variety as well! Feel free to include if you would like

Persan from Isère! My favorite is by Thomas Finot.

Blueberry wine…