Decanter Magazine: Raul Perez best wine maker in the world?

So I have to say, I haven’t had many of his wines…but I’ve been pleased with every one that I have tasted. This was the title of an email I got today and I thought I’d check in and see what wines others have had that they like. The wine I’ve had the most of is the Sketch. It’s been brilliant every time I’ve had it. Do you seek-out his wines? If so, what would you recommend trying?

2014 La Vittoriana and La Poulosa from his La Vizcaina label. Old vine Mencia with an eye toward structure. These wines were important for me as they showed me the greatness of Bierzo. Kinda like having my first Foillard Cote du Py.

I’ve had plenty of his wines and they’re all interesting. He’s also a great guy. Best in the world, I don’t know. That’s extreme. He’l local and a master of his region and I’m happy to have his wines.

I’m all in. Met him at the Wine and Spirits Top 100 event in SF last October. He’s like the Spanish Gary Pisoni in appearance. Bought three cases of his wines and haven’t event gotten into the Ribera Sacra bottlings - just the Ultreia. The St. Jacques is a crazy QPR. Legend already.

Aw…why not? Love his wines, just wine his upper cuvees wern’t so damn expensive!