An early SOTY on 2008 Cristal, at the AIRPORT

Traveling out of MkE for a short ski weekend and stopped at Vino Volo for a glass of wine. On the counter in front of the cash register is 2009 Cristal at $223/bottle. I take a flyer and ask the cashier if it’s all 2009, hoping for 2008. She states, yes it’s all 2009.

No problem, I haven’t seen it in the market and already secured a few out of CA.

As we are seated the manager approaches and advises that she does in fact have 12 bottles of 2008, at the same price! In MKE, that’s a must buy. The bartender then explains that if I we’re Grand Reserve status with VV that I would get another 20% off.

Well, apparently Grand Reserve status is obtained at $1000 in annual spend.
To sum this all up, I’m resting comfortably in my seat with a $1200 6-pack stored comfortably above my head.

Going to be a great ski weekend.

Regards,
Andy Kei!!or

Well done! Driving up to MKE tomorrow for the other sixer

Good haul. I bought a 6 pack on pre arrival at the same price and am kicking myself I didn’t buy 12. Not sure if I see that price again but if I goes again that low, another 6 go in the cellar.

You suck. champagne.gif

I think I did ok yesterday. Picked up some 04 Krug at $219 which seems like as low as I will find.

Tasted the 04 recently at Krug. It’s goibg to be great, but needs some time.

Had the good fortune of flying out to LA for the Krug offline vertical so sampled the 04 also which I thought was pretty expressive. It will improve but I enjoyed it a lot at this stage. The 02 I found more closed. We had 10 vintages covered. An amazing evening

great story. Great score.

Awesome.

Awesome story, you ball!

Sometimes you just gotta roll like that.

Love 2008 Cristal, not a fan of Cristal but the 2008 is flat out stunning.

Anyone check here lately?