LCBO hot deal - '06 Alion

Fellow Ontarians - Hurry, The LCBO is selling '06 Alion for $588 [wow.gif]

That kind of looks like a 6pack price after exchange rate differences but if it is per bottle, then yikes I would be pretty outraged by this government-run example

Yeah, saw that. Whoosh, it zoomed right by me and my wallet [grin.gif]

While Minneapolis Market is not LA or New York I am always amazed at the deals we get here. 2005 Cristal for $125. Do you guys get any deals in Canada on wine?

As a resident of New York who traveled to Vancouver for years, I occasionally found very good Rhones and Barolos/Barbarescos at good prices, and sometimes things that had sold out in the US market. Where the price was lower, it seemed to be wines where the US importers or retailers had marked up the prices because of a high score or general cachet, but the wines were sold at a fixed mark-up in British Columbia. On trips to Toronto, I once or twice found a few things like that in the provincial stores.

But, because of taxes and duties, most European wines in Vancouver were were 50%-100% higher than in NY.

Alion 2014 is $122 per 750 ml in LCBO offer.

= US$92.83, which is a very good price. Around NYC, it’s going for US$95 and up. Many places are charging US$120. It can be had cheaper in California and DC, though.

John where did you see the 06?

? I was talking about the '14.