PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Post Reply
Message
Author
Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6540
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 36 times

PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#1 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

You’re welcome!

champagne.gif

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6540
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#2 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

21 left
Last edited by Mich@el Ch@ng on February 20th, 2019, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 8594
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 9:26 am
Location: Santa Ynez Valley, CA
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#3 Post by larry schaffer »

Isn't this the same price that Costco has these for? I thought I remember someone posting about that not too long ago . . .

Cheers!
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6540
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#4 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

Yeah it was mispriced at 149

bradkaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 567
Joined: September 8th, 2009, 6:30 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#5 Post by bradkaplan »

I got lucky and found some 08 at the 09 price at my nearby Total (went in hoping for that exact outcome, I never shop there). Online they show it at $169 but I got it at $139.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6540
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#6 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

21 left, I give it until noon.

bradkaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 567
Joined: September 8th, 2009, 6:30 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#7 Post by bradkaplan »

Also, why the heck is Zachy's so high on this!? $230?? https://www.zachys.com/dom-perignon-2008-750ml.html

User avatar
AndyK
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 506
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Location: San Francisco
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#8 Post by AndyK »

Thanks, put an order in...
k0berl

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2981
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#9 Post by AndrewH »

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:23 am 21 left, I give it until noon.
Showed 1 left at 12:20, which I [hope I] grabbed [(pending confirmation)]

Thank you.
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:10 am You’re welcome!

champagne.gif
Last edited by AndrewH on February 20th, 2019, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew H e i m e r t

User avatar
Dale Bowers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4041
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:44 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#10 Post by Dale Bowers »

Gone. '09 for same price $
Cheers!

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6540
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#11 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

An hour and 10 minutes? Maybe berserkerday cleaned ppl out... 😂

User avatar
Markus S
Posts: 7072
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:27 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#12 Post by Markus S »

Is that good? I wouldn't know. hitsfan
$ _ € ® e . k @

User avatar
Dennis Atick
Posts: 8868
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Location: East Atlanta
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#13 Post by Dennis Atick »

bradkaplan wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:18 am I got lucky and found some 08 at the 09 price at my nearby Total (went in hoping for that exact outcome, I never shop there). Online they show it at $169 but I got it at $139.
You may be the winner here. Hard to beat. And thanks [cheers.gif]
@decaturwinedude

User avatar
Markus S
Posts: 7072
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:27 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#14 Post by Markus S »

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: February 20th, 2019, 9:46 am ... Maybe berserkerday cleaned ppl out... 😂
[inquisition.gif]
$ _ € ® e . k @

User avatar
jordan whitehead
Posts: 4608
Joined: February 12th, 2009, 4:59 pm
Location: Northbrook, IL
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#15 Post by jordan whitehead »

bradkaplan wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:23 am Also, why the heck is Zachy's so high on this!? $230?? https://www.zachys.com/dom-perignon-2008-750ml.html
so when they do their 20% off, they are closer to fmv
www.annaswish.org

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 39850
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#16 Post by Neal.Mollen »

Sorry/happy I missed this
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Robert M yers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3531
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#17 Post by Robert M yers »

Neal.Mollen wrote: February 20th, 2019, 10:56 am Sorry/happy I missed this
Same here, I would be tempted at sub 150 as I’m trying to lower average bottle costs. I have a feeling more offers like this will show up, lots of DP out there in the wild.

User avatar
RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3938
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#18 Post by RyanC »

Dennis Atick wrote: February 20th, 2019, 10:06 am
bradkaplan wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:18 am I got lucky and found some 08 at the 09 price at my nearby Total (went in hoping for that exact outcome, I never shop there). Online they show it at $169 but I got it at $139.
You may be the winner here. Hard to beat. And thanks [cheers.gif]
I semi-recently got a 6er for $135/per. Long, long gone -- but when HEB/Central Market have their next 20% off sale they may be lower than that.,
C@ughey

User avatar
Dennis Atick
Posts: 8868
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Location: East Atlanta
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#19 Post by Dennis Atick »

RyanC wrote: February 20th, 2019, 11:01 am
Dennis Atick wrote: February 20th, 2019, 10:06 am
bradkaplan wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:18 am I got lucky and found some 08 at the 09 price at my nearby Total (went in hoping for that exact outcome, I never shop there). Online they show it at $169 but I got it at $139.
You may be the winner here. Hard to beat. And thanks [cheers.gif]
I semi-recently got a 6er for $135/per. Long, long gone -- but when HEB/Central Market have their next 20% off sale they may be lower than that.,
Yeah, but when you found that deal, you didn't call me like Brad did when he found his deal [cheers.gif]
Last edited by Dennis Atick on February 20th, 2019, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@decaturwinedude

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1031
Joined: November 29th, 2014, 9:10 am
Location: The Big D
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#20 Post by ykwon »

RyanC wrote: February 20th, 2019, 11:01 am
Dennis Atick wrote: February 20th, 2019, 10:06 am
bradkaplan wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:18 am I got lucky and found some 08 at the 09 price at my nearby Total (went in hoping for that exact outcome, I never shop there). Online they show it at $169 but I got it at $139.
You may be the winner here. Hard to beat. And thanks [cheers.gif]
I semi-recently got a 6er for $135/per. Long, long gone -- but when HEB/Central Market have their next 20% off sale they may be lower than that.,
Just wait until they have a 25% of champ and sparkler sale and then it’ll be a crazy deal.

All your champagne belong to us
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

NickRut
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1007
Joined: June 10th, 2016, 5:00 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#21 Post by NickRut »

God I miss Central Market. Best grocery store I've ever been to.
Rutkowski

User avatar
Curtis Chen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1339
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:30 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#22 Post by Curtis Chen »

ykwon wrote: February 20th, 2019, 12:38 pm All your champagne are belong to us
FTFY. Much disappoint.

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 11703
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#23 Post by Merrill Lindquist »

Speaking of Bassins, after a 2 year hiatus following Ruth Bassin's death, they did not have their typical futures tasting and gala dinner at the Mandarin. They are back with it now, and the tastings on Saturday are no longer barrel samples, but current releases. I believe there is a discount for wines purchased at the event. It is the first weekend in April. Lots of good wineries pouring: Eisele Vineyards, Ridge, Tom's Tablas Creek, etc.

Full disclosure: I am pouring at the gala dinner on Friday night and at both tastings (1:00-3:00) and (7:00-9:00). If you come by, pleases identify yourself!

Come on by for the tasting or the gala or both. More information on the Bassin website.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

NED VALOIS
Posts: 6262
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:47 am
Location: South Miami,Fl
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#24 Post by NED VALOIS »

GOT IT FOR $142 W/SHIPPING (in 2012) (Binny's) [cheers.gif]

User avatar
Bill Tex Landreth
Posts: 22959
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 11:45 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#25 Post by Bill Tex Landreth »

NED VALOIS wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:18 pm GOT IT FOR $142 W/SHIPPING (in 2012) (Binny's) [cheers.gif]
Are you a time traveler?
Compact Disc and Wine Theft should be reported and prosecuted.

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 39850
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#26 Post by Neal.Mollen »

Merrill Lindquist wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:16 pm Speaking of Bassins, after a 2 year hiatus following Ruth Bassin's death, they did not have their typical futures tasting and gala dinner at the Mandarin. They are back with it now, and the tastings on Saturday are no longer barrel samples, but current releases. I believe there is a discount for wines purchased at the event. It is the first weekend in April. Lots of good wineries pouring: Eisele Vineyards, Ridge, Tom's Tablas Creek, etc.

Full disclosure: I am pouring at the gala dinner on Friday night and at both tastings (1:00-3:00) and (7:00-9:00). If you come by, pleases identify yourself!

Come on by for the tasting or the gala or both. More information on the Bassin website.
Thanks for the head's up
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: May 1st, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: Bellevue, WA
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#27 Post by Mark Y »

Is bassin’s the same as mcarthurs beverage?
Y.e.

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 39850
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#28 Post by Neal.Mollen »

yes
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 11703
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#29 Post by Merrill Lindquist »

Neal.Mollen wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:36 pm
Merrill Lindquist wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:16 pm Speaking of Bassins, after a 2 year hiatus following Ruth Bassin's death, they did not have their typical futures tasting and gala dinner at the Mandarin. They are back with it now, and the tastings on Saturday are no longer barrel samples, but current releases. I believe there is a discount for wines purchased at the event. It is the first weekend in April. Lots of good wineries pouring: Eisele Vineyards, Ridge, Tom's Tablas Creek, etc.

Full disclosure: I am pouring at the gala dinner on Friday night and at both tastings (1:00-3:00) and (7:00-9:00). If you come by, pleases identify yourself!

Come on by for the tasting or the gala or both. More information on the Bassin website.
Thanks for the head's up
And I have recruited a Berserker who is a close friend of mine that I have not seen in 5 years or so to make sure I get up and give that dreaded speech at the dinner, and to help pour. It is hard to do alone.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

User avatar
Markus S
Posts: 7072
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:27 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#30 Post by Markus S »

NickRut wrote: February 20th, 2019, 12:40 pm God I miss Central Market. Best grocery store I've ever been to.
Haven't been to Wegmans, have you?
$ _ € ® e . k @

User avatar
Chris Seiber
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9704
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 3:22 pm
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#31 Post by Chris Seiber »

jordan whitehead wrote: February 20th, 2019, 10:39 am
bradkaplan wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:23 am Also, why the heck is Zachy's so high on this!? $230?? https://www.zachys.com/dom-perignon-2008-750ml.html
so when they do their 20% off, they are closer to fmv
They’ll just mark it up to $249 right before the sale. Then they can tell you $199 is a savings of $50.

NED VALOIS
Posts: 6262
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:47 am
Location: South Miami,Fl
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#32 Post by NED VALOIS »

Bill Tex Landreth wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:25 pm
NED VALOIS wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:18 pm GOT IT FOR $142 W/SHIPPING (in 2012) (Binny's) [cheers.gif]
Are you a time traveler?
OK, NOW I understand , I was thinking Dominus, Not Dom Perignon !!! [wow.gif] [snort.gif] [tease.gif] [tease.gif]

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2981
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

#33 Post by AndrewH »

bradkaplan wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:23 am Also, why the heck is Zachy's so high on this!? $230?? https://www.zachys.com/dom-perignon-2008-750ml.html
Maybe you can arbitrage it with the DC Zachy's, which has it for $179.99.

https://dc.zachys.com/wines/Moet-and-Ch ... w3067816zb

Turn a quick $50/bottle profit!
Andrew H e i m e r t

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”