Those that are owed wines from Maison Ilan, please fill out this linked form

Hello everyone.
I’d like to provide a way for those of you that are owed wines to be made whole. As I have stated, I have made mistakes that have contributed directly to Maison Ilan closing. Along with this closure, all wines in the inventory have been destroyed, wines that were presold as well as unsold.

It has become clear that those that have expressed themselves most vocally on this subject here have either never been clients of Maison Ilan or they have received what they have been owed/settle for. With this in mind, I have decided to start this thread linking to the form I created in my website. Nothing more can be accomplished in a positive manner in this website.

While the company, an SARL no longer exists. It is my intention to make all that are owed wine while.

There is a list of these clients already. I simply need your help in backing this up as there are variables which relate to an employee that altered orders with substitutions for some clients.

I understand that it might be better to post this or place this form once I am able to fulfill what I am expressing as my intentions here. However, due to the nature of the amount of time that has already passed, with clients having been in the dark, I thought it best to provide my assurance of what my sincere intentions are.

As they say, intentions don’t provide solutions. So, I ask that you fill out the form and I will follow up with action as I am able.

Thank you for your initial support. I sincerely apologize for the frustration and disappointment that has come with my winery failing and you being out wine.

For more information on details relating to the closure, please browse throughout the website.

https://www.raywalkerwine.com/unfulfilled-orders-form

Sincerely

Ray Walker

You might make this public in social media and elsewhere. I’m sure there are other folks outside of this board that would like to have this information and would like to be ‘made right’ so to speak.

Cheers.

How does this notification accomplish anything not known already? At best, it is a victim statement of perpetrator intent, which is as curative as trying to piss up a flagpole.

from an outsiders perspective, I don’t see how this accomplishes anything?

Interesting that you post this now since when I received my order of 2012s, I emailed you informing you that the order was not correct. Are you now going to make me whole with credits for the wrong wine? What are your intentions? You have to at least have a rough idea of what you are going to do.

That is the point, so that he can later claim trying visibly to fulfill “disappointed” customers…ironically with the efforts of not himself at all, but of those same customers.

It is an attempt to sooth the brows of future investors/marks.

No sh*t. I would stop throwing mud here, and start filling out Ray’s paperwork. Yikes, who care’s the reasons he’s reaching out here - put your loses on record and cross your fingers. Slam the guy all you want after you receive the check… what do you have to lose?

Avoiding a future loss can be more successful than trying to recover a past loss, especially if the timeline to fulfill each unfulfilled-order recovery has extended beyond several vintages. Stolen money resembles spilled milk.
To that end, this link might be better for uploading unfulfilled-order details, for record permanence.

From a modern business model standpoint, it is interesting that Wine Berserkers (and likely other social forums) seem to be a key communications medium both for the rise and fall- even when the business owner seems to find significant flaw or takes issue with in the specific medium.

It is interesting. Unlike traditional advertising, it is a two-way medium that can do wonders for you because people can be made to feel very involved and participatory in your story and business.

Unfortunately, at times that participation can go against you, and is something that you can not control, no matter how desperately you try. Like anything else, the louder the cheering, the greater the possibility for louder booing becomes.

Yes, and with this last OP, a faint theme of entitlement seems to ring through (atleast IMO). This is not a public utility and not even Facebook or Instagram yet as one reads the opening few paragraphs, the user-base is partially admonished, asked to pay attention and follow the narrative yet again. If you keep posting on same board, why would you expect it this time to be different? Perhaps Vinous, WA, CT, and all the others should also contain the same semi- public service announcement? Why keep beating one drum here? Sure WB has a big base but if you are looking for just a few more clients who have still yet to respond, post as broadly as possible on the rest.

A fairly standard scam is to hit up the prior victims, this time from another angle offering legal service for recovery or what not. So in that sense, a list of prior dupes can be valuable to scammers, and those can be sold.

After all was said and done, I did receive my wines from 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 with one substitution. I wouldn’t have minded waiting years for delivery but the misinformation and expectations were what bothered me the most. The shipping fees that I got hit with post shipment also caused me grief and I wouldn’t mind a rebate/refund on some of that amount. I was under the belief that shipping was included, then received a bill in the hundreds that shocked me. When I questioned the very high amount, I received an email from Zach that it had been miscalculated and a lower number was proposed. I paid the new amount only to be done with this saga, but still feel bitter about paying shipping costs about four times higher than I would have felt fair.

I have no stick in this fire as I was never remotely interested in MI despite being a Burgundy lover and buyer. I am disturbed by the rambling and largely incoherent nature of the post. If it was written for the sake of investors’ confidence in the new Bourbon project (my mind reels), how is this going to help? I don’t mean to play grammar and spelling police, but given the importance of this message, I have to ask; Sir, were you sober and free of all drugs when you wrote this? Have you spent so much time in France and China that you have forgotten your native language? You wrote so prosaically when you tried to educate us on the regions of Burgundy. Was that plagiarism? Let me remind you that in Kentucky they speak English. Kind of.

Hello everyone.
I’d like to provide a way for those of you > that > whom are owed wines to be made whole. As I have stated, I have made mistakes that have contributed directly to Maison Ilan closing. Along with this closure, all wines in the inventory have been destroyed, wines that were presold as well as unsold.

It has become clear that those > that > have expressed themselves most vocally on this subject here have either never been clients of Maison Ilan or they have received what they have been owed/> settle for. > With this in mind, I have decided to start this thread linking to the form I created in my website. Nothing more can be accomplished in a positive manner > in > this website.

While the company, an SARL no longer exist> s. It > is my intention to make all > that > are owed wine > while.

There is a list of these clients already. I simply need your help in backing this up as there > are variables which relate to an employee that altered > orders with substitutions for some clients.

I understand that it might be better to post this or place this form once I am able to fulfill what I am expressing > as my intentions here. However, due to the nature of the amount of time that has already passed, with clients having been in the dark, I thought it best to provide > my assurance of what > my sincere intentions are.

As they say, intentions don’t provide solutions. So, I ask that you fill out the form and I will follow up with action as I am able.

Thank you for your initial support. I sincerely apologize for the frustration and disappointment that has come with my winery failing and you being out wine.

For more information on details relating to the closure, please browse throughout the website.

https://www.raywalkerwine.com/unfulfilled-orders-form

Sincerely

Ray Walker

Truth.

Plus, the perp can offer this so called attempt to make his victims whole a small misunderstanding, as evidenced by how few people responded to his link.

“See? Just a small misunderstanding!”

he knows who he robbed, there are ample channels of communication from his contact and sales info from during the crime. This smells like ‘laundering’ the issue as ‘proof’ of his future reliability and him being investment worthy.

Has Ray posted the same on eBob? Surely there were folks there that bought and never migrated here.

What about Winespector Forums, WLDG, Cellar Tracker…

Why keep giving him free advertising? Leave it be!

I don’t know the whole Ray Walker / Maison Ilan story (just what I skimmed in the links shown in the Hall of Fame thread), but I do know a good lampooning via avatar when I see one. [cheers.gif]