Lutum Wines -No More

https://lutumwines.com/

Last bottle offered some of these this week.

Certainly interesting to see. It just seems like Bill price and Gavin are moving in separate directions. I thought that Gavin used to make the three sticks wines, no? I see that Bob Cabral is involved there. Has he been so from the beginning?

Cheers

As far as I know Gavin was never involved with Three Sticks. Don Van Staaveren was their first winemaker and Bob Cabral took over in 2015 after he left Williams Selyem.

I’m always just a little bit sad whenever I see a winery close (regardless of whether I like the wines) because it means that someone’s dreams are coming to an end. At least in this case, it looks like they are moving on to other projects,

I remember getting my offer for the initial release. Wanted to try a three pack but they wanted almost $50 to ship about 150 miles. Said no thanks and told them they’d never last if they didn’t figure something better out. Guess they didn’t

I feel this way, too. I have the same feeling when I see a small restaurant close.

2-28 is when they will start to offer their remaining wines at a discounted price. The letter gives off the impression of a falling out/disagreement but each of them will continue to make wines and source from the same vineyards used for Lutum.