Anyone tried Beau Vigne Cabs?

Hey guys, I know there are tons of cult napa cab wineries out there, but I recently had a chance to try Beau Vigne cabernets; Edward Snider has been winemaker there for a while, and they seem to make good cabs, wondering if anyone tried their wines and how they would compare with other cult cabs?

I’ve enjoyed a few of the wines over the last two years or so. Kirk Venge is the consulting winemaker and their tasting room in Yountville is right across from where we stay each year. Nice people.

I’ve had their Reserve Bacigalupi Chardonnay (nice, but not worth the $100 in my opinion), Haypress zin (my wife enjoyed this…balances ripe & jammy with peppery), Romeo Cabernet (very solid cab around $90…I’ve heard the Juliet is a bit more refined and normally scores a little better), Cult (at $125, it’s pricey, but if you enjoy the bigger style of modern Napa cabs, you’d enjoy) and the Reserve (I think this was $125-150 and thought it was a touch better than the Cult).

Not sure how to compare them…normally higher ABV and can be accessible early. Not quite full throttle like Bevan, but not necessarily finessed either.

Definitely made in the more new world/modern style so if that’s what you enjoy, give them a try.

I got what I thought was a good deal on the 2007 Cab. I’ve had it twice and haven’t been impressed. Not sure how to describe. I think it wanted to be bigger fruit (which I am fine with) but not sure. Still holding on to one which I plan on drinking some time this year. Properly wouldn’t re-buy even at the lower price.