La Pelle Reserve?

Anyone had a chance to taste this yet? I just got a save the date for the release. I saw good reviews for the normal bottling but nothing for the reserve yet.

Yeah I was wondering as well. Didn’t see much online about the Reserve, but also didn’t do a deep dive, what with work and all taking my time today.

Anyone know about pricing? Is there a different barrel program, picked from different blocks, etc?

Thanks in advance for any insights…

i have had the chance to taste this on a few occasions and I can say this is one of the best cabs of the 2016 vintage i (and yes, i have tasted a lot of 2016’s). If you have had the La Pelle NV (100% cab Sauv) you can get a sense where this brand is going. Lots of buzz here in the valley from industry folks regarding La Pelle. Maayan has his hands in a lot of the top wines being produced in Napa today as the right hand of Philip Melka so knows what is he is doing…

the reserve is a barrel selection of mostly Cabernet and a small amount of Cab Franc and Merlot from mostly St. Helena with some coombsville fruit.

i am pretty sure this will go very quick - only around 100 cases produced and sold only in 3 packs.

you wont be disappointing.

This is all from the website. I’ll be passing due to cost.

2016 CABERNET SAUVIGNON ~ RESERVE
120 CASES PRODUCED
3 bottles ($175/btl)
Released February 20, 2019

The La Pelle Reserve is a blend composed mostly of Cabernet Sauvignon with a touch of Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The wine is selected from our best lots and aged for 21 months in 80% new French Oak barrels. Dark and powerful with excellent structure, the wine has a vibrant texture and layers of well-integrated tannins. Amongst the layers of dark cherry and plum, there lies a hint of dark chocolate and a long, lingering finish. The wine is drinking well young but is built to age for years to come.

I’ve had a couple bottles of their initial release, the 2016 Cabernet NV and really enjoyed so I’m looking forward to the Reserve.

I would love to buy a bottle or two but the 175 price tag is a tough one…

175x3 I was able to pick up one of the regular bottles at retail haven’t opened it yet, but looking forward to trying it.

Hello all
My name is Maayan and I’m one of the owners of
La Pelle wines . We will be releasing the Reserve
Next week . If you are visiting Napa anytime soon
Feel free to reach out and I’ll do my best to host you for a tasting and to share the La Pelle story with you ! maayan@lapellewines.com .
If you have any questions I’ll be more then happy to answer as well :slight_smile: 2016 was the first vintage for La Pelle and an amazing year for Napa Valley.

Maayan, when that Marcus guy schedules the On Q tasting let’s do this one too! :slight_smile: Definitely want some of the Reserve.

Let’s do it :slight_smile: I’ll bring the on q wines and Brilliant mistakes wines that I make too…

Perfect! I’ll make my way down there one of these days :slight_smile:

Sent you an email to see if we could set something up for this weekend [cheers.gif]

The Cab Reserve offer is live.

I’ve not had this specific wine, but their other wines knocked my socks off!

Past note: La Pelle a la Pobega via Tex = OMG! - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

This is heavy on my budget, so we only got three, but if your wallet can accommodate it, I’d recommend getting six! [cheers.gif]

More thanks from my wife and I to Bill “Tex” Landreth for turning us on to this winery in the first place!

Ended up going with a 6 pack. Regretting missing out on the normal bottling.

Anyone getting in on the 2017 Reserve offering? I got the regular offering last year and enjoyed it, but I can’t get myself to take it up a level on the cost of the 3 pack reserve for now.