TN: La Tache '15

Been on a beer kick recently, but had an opportunity to enjoy a bottle of La Tache '15 for an excellent price on a wine list. Having read CT notes on the '15 from other board members, I wanted to try it for myself. While the wine did not disappoint, now having enjoyed it I am a bit disappointed by how few bottles I own for future consumption.

Appearance: Dark red with rosy pink edges

Nose: Showing it’s stuff right away on the nose. When we came back to it after initial opening (~1.5 hours later) there was a lot of red fruit, typical asian spice and hoisin. As we continued to enjoy, the nose developed some hints of tobacco as well.

Palate: To begin with the palate was super tight (as to be expected), but when we started enjoying the bottle an hour and a half after opening, the palate was showing a lot more with hints of tobacco and licorice.

Overall: With every glass this wine evolved and got better, but even the first glass was utterly balanced. So while the wine improved over time and showed more complexity and give, it demonstrated amazing balance from the get-go and that remained throughout. The last few glasses were so silky rich and elegant. The few times I’ve had La Tache, it’s been a kaleidoscope of flavors and this experience was no different. Although this was one of the most impressive young bottles I can remember drinking, I would recommend saving any bottles you own for a future date. But if you see it for a good price on a wine list, don’t be afraid to try it (or tell me the restaurant name).

Thanks for the TN. At which restaurant did you dine?

Thanks for the note, Edan, and my condolences that you own only a few bottles of La Tâche. [cry.gif]

Curious what you consider “a good price”

Also sounds delicious, thanks for the note.

A restaurant in CO - if interested in more info PM me

I appreciate you understanding my plight [snort.gif]

That’s a loaded question. The bottle was significantly lower than current wine-searcher lows

Sounds like a terrific showing. Have one solitary bottle that is reserved for my daughter’s 21st, perhaps to be preceded by a 2017 G-Max (her vintage).

That’s a combo I would be interested in for sure!

made both my kids “earn” their La Tâche, not just a birthday gift. They had to pass the California bar. Both did on first try—daughter celebrated with 2001 in 2014 and younger son, 4 years later, drank 1998.