Edmunds St John - 2019 Cellar Offering

Edmunds St John is doing another Cellar offering to those who are interested.

From the email…

"…All wines have been consistently stored at either Redwood Empire Wine Storage, (and, before 2007 at Sonoma Wine Services) or at Subterraneum in Oakland. All sales are Net. All sales are final. I don’t have a system in place at this time to process credit cards, so a check, or cash are in order.

“Quantities are limited, so sales are first-come /first served. Wines will be shipped through Aero Packing (if you’re not close enough to pick them up, or for me to deliver). Let me know your preferences as to timing of shipment. Shipping charges I receive from Aero Packing will be added to your order.”

Edmunds St John website:

info@edmundsstjohn.com

It looks like the oldest wine is from 1987, and the newest is from 2005…aside from the current releases.

1 Like

Is there a list of wines online (couldn’t find them) or just in the email? Not on the list but always thought I should be, especially now.

If you’re interested to see what’s being offered, please email: info@edmundsstjohn.com, and I’ll send along the links

cheers,

Steve Edmunds

Done, thanks!

So in.

Email sent real quick on this.

Steve has done a few of these cellar offerings in recent years. I went deep on a couple of them.

I can tell you that the wines are all in tip-top shape in terms of storage treatment! A recent bottle of 1993 Les Cotes Sauvages (TN: 1993 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages (USA, California) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers) was from a prior library sale, and it was wonderful!

My order was confirmed this morning! In fact, I’m going to my locker on the way home and grab an ESJ library wine for Valentine’s Day dinner. My wife loves Steve’s wines.

Order in…some great stuff available

Y’all gonna say what you bought?

I’ll start:

1 x '95 “Les Côtes Sauvages
1 x '17 “El Jaléo

[thumbs-up.gif]

1 btl each '93 and '95 CA Syrah, and '95 Les Cotes Sauvages.

I have a magnum of '95 Durell Syrah that I won at a Rhone Rangers silent auction some years ago. I was the only person who bid on it. I paid $95. When I told Steve (who was pouring at the event), his response was “You stole that wine!” Not my fault that the other attendees were clueless. :wink:

2x1987 Les Cotes Sauvages (birth year)
1x1994 Les Cotes Sauvages
1x1992 El Nino (Barbera, Charbono, Grenache, Syrah)
1x2003 Syrah (Bassetti)
1x2005 Syrah (Bassetti)
2x2014 Barsotti Ranch Syrah

Bassetti’s aren’t ready (especially 2005) although if you want to try them to see if you want to buy more, I get that! Steve encouraged me to buy a bottle of El Nino on the previous library sale. I’m glad he did.

Last count, I have about 30 different ESJ reds.

Appreciate the note. Wasn’t planning on opening anything post-2000 any time soon, just wanted to get a few into the cellar.

1 Like

Steve didn’t make Syrah in 2015, 2016, or 2017. Not sure about the future. Bottom line: If you like his wines and want to cellar some younger Syrah, load up on 2014.

Been an expensive month and a half of wine buying, so going to have to wait a bit unfortunately.

This was my third opportunity at library wines. I had previously loaded up on a bit more than 2 cases, so left this one for you guys.

Right now ESJ is #3 in my cellar, after Dönnhoff and Prüm. I remain very happy about that.

Edmunds St John actually did make Syrah in 2015, and when the 2014 is sold, the '15 will be out there.

Email sent. This is one of those wineries I’ve had on my list to try for a while. Seems like a perfect opportunity.

2 Likes

Waiting for Steve to email me back. Would love to score some birth year wines if he’s offering library releases back to 1987!