Foillard Morgon 3.14 release date, recent vintages

Does anyone have intelligence on the release of the 2015 or 2016 vintages of 3.14 for the US market? Has Kermit Lynch not distributed them? CellarTracker shows hundreds of bottles of the 2014 in cellars, but only 4 pending bottles of the 2015 and no bottles of the 2016. If I recall, the 2014 was available in the US market as of mid- to late 2016. So it seems like there has been a change of schedule for recent vintages.

2015 was released. I purchased it from a retailer (kermit import) in January 2018.

Are you sure it wasn’t the 2014? Alex Foillard told me they didn’t make one, but perhaps I misunderstood him.

And I don’t think they made one in 2016 what with the hail that hit Morgon.

Thanks for this answer William. Makes sense. No wine = none for sale.

However, there’s conflicting information on the web about whether 3.14 has been replaced for good with the “Athanor” cuvée.

This thread from last year suggests that 2015 Athanor was a one-off cuvée of particularly ripe grapes in Morgon.

But Sherry Lehmann is now selling a 2016 Athanor (for $105 a pop, gulp). So it seems like Athanor is not a one-off. Has Athanor become the new 3.14?

Have not seen any photos of the Athanor yet. Has it even been released?

I heard the 3.14 was not going to be released as 3.14 from '15. Maybe under a different label.