Burgundy: Corton

Let’s use these threads as discussions on each Burgundy Village. Discuss the characteristics of the village, the characteristics of specific vineyards, producers, and so on. Or please list the producers for each of the Burgundy villages and share the expertise you have on their styles. Or just use these threads to post tasting notes on specific wines you have drunk from this village and other people can use it as a reference.

I am combining Aloxe-Corton and Pernand-Vergelesses in this one.

Grand-Cru
Corton
Corton-Charlemagne
(En/Le) Charlemagne

1er Cru
Aloxe-Corton
Clos des Maréchaudes
Clos du Chapitre
La Coutière
La Maréchaude
La Toppe au Vert
Les Chaillots
Les Fournières
Les Guérets
Les Maréchaudes
Les Moutottes
Les Paulands
Les Petites Folières
Les Valozières
Les Vercots

Pernand-Vergelesses
Clos Berthet
Creux de la Net
En Caradeux
Ile des Vergelesses
Les Fichots
Sous Frétille
Vergelesses
Village de Pernand

Faiveley

Faiveley as well

Faiveley

Great experiences with these 3 bottlings.

Jadot Pougets
Faiveley Clos des Cortons
Chandon de Brialles Bressandes

If people are interested in continuing this sort of discussion, I suggest you go to the appropriate thread found on the link below.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/search.php?keywords=WB+Burgundy+appellation+series&terms=all&author=&fid[]=1&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=a&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Tonight I went to a Chandon de Briailles tasting and had the ‘13 Corton Blanc and ‘15 Corton Bressandes and Clos de Roi (along with much of the rest of their lineup). The Clos de Roi was the clear class of the group, with a penetrating perfume. The Corton Blanc was quite lovely and textured, although lower in acid than what I typically look for in White Burg.

More generally, Jadot’s Pougets is probably my favorite Corton (not including Corton Charlie).

There is a 3rd GC: “(En/Le) Charlemagne” … almost never used, but still existing (and I have once had a bottle)

Does anyone wonder how the new-style Faiveley Cortons will age? They drink astoundingly well young. Talking about the ones from 2008-09 on.

My guess is extremely well, but just a guess. After listening to Levi Dalton’s interview with Erwan, I realized there are actually three phases of Faiveley’s wines and I have only had them from the latter two. I think a lot of the great old Faiveleys that people speak of are from Erwan’s grandfather who apparently did not make the wines in the super backward style of the 80’s and 90’s.