Burgundy: Pommard

Let’s use these threads as discussions on each Burgundy Village. Discuss the characteristics of the village, the characteristics of specific vineyards, producers, and so on. Or please list the producers for each of the Burgundy villages and share the expertise you have on their styles. Or just use these threads to post tasting notes on specific wines you have drunk from this village and other people can use it as a reference.

1er Cru
Clos Blanc
Clos de la Commaraine
Clos de Verger
Clos des Epeneaux
Derrière Saint-Jean
En Largillière
La Chanière
La Platière
La Refène
Le Clos Micot
Le Village
Les Arvelets
Les Bertins
Les Boucherottes
Les Chanlins-Bas
Les Chaponnières
Les Charmots
Les Combes Dessus
Les Croix Noires
Les Fremiers
Les Grands Epenots
Les Jarolières
Les Petits Epenots
Les Pézerolles
Les Poutures
Les Rugiens Bas
Les Rugiens Hauts
Les Saussilles

Armaud

I had a 1990 Fabien Coche (a relation to Coche-Dury but not direct) Pommard Vielles Vignes a few months ago that was a steal. Delicious aged wine for like $60. the 89 is still just sitting there tempting me on JJB right now.

Tops are Rugiens and Epenots

any other favs?

In the thread on Vosne, it was pointed out that there were threads a few years ago that covered specific burgundy appellations. I have asked the moderators to remove these threads or merge them with those threads. If people are interested in continuing this sort of discussion, I suggest you go to the appropriate thread found on the link below.

search.php?keywords=WB+Burgundy+appella … mit=Search

I have enjoyed aged armaud quite a bit and I like rossignol’s expression of epenots. I think pommard gets a little bit of a bad name with people suggesting it’s rustic, maybe sort of like nuits, but I think it can be elegant in the right hands with good power.

When I hear rustic I perk up.

Had this recently and it was singing:

2012 Rossignol Epenots

Have also enjoyed Joseph Voillot, who makes 5 or 6 wines from the region.

Joseph Voillot makes many more than 6 wines:
I came across 4 Pommard wines: Rugiens, Epenots, Pezerolles and village
and even more Volnay 1er crus and village
All excellent