2017 Schrader Offer

Got my email and mailer for my Schrader offer today. $1125 for 5 bottles. 2 CCS, 2 RBS and 1 G III. Mailer says their grapes were safe and sound when the fires began. 1125 for 5 bottles seems do be a good deal. Thoughts

Easy pass. Easy.

My ‘17 Schrader offer came in December like it does every year. Surprised to hear a Schrader offer coming out the following February. Guess that means the ‘17 Schrader wasn’t an instant sell out like it has been in the past. Guessing lots of folks dropped it this past offer.

The price, corporate buyout and threat of smoke taint likely hit the list pretty hard. Lots of hardworking individuals I would rather buy from and trust on the ‘17 vintage.

And no, I am not making any claims that the wines are affected by the fires.

Has nothing to do with fall off. There are multiple tranches. This was my fourth offer year. It just arrived as well

tax on shipping and shipping is $80 per bottle right? :rofl:

Anyone want to purchase a 2016 Schrader RBS? Please reach out!

It looks like the Constellation ownership is having the first noticeable impact for the 2017 vintage as Schrader is releasing a wine from the Constellation owner monastery block.

I’ve heard people say that the monastery block is the best part of To Kalon, and it looks like the Schrader block is from the western most part of the vineyard, right up against the Mayacamas.

It will be interesting to see how this new offering compares to the existing Schrader wines and if they introduce more wines from the constellation-owned parts of the vineyard in the coming years, especially as the beckstoffer replant reduces acreage in his part of the vineyard.

How many years did it take to get a Schrader offer? Just signed up spring 2018

I took a pass this year. Been on the list since 2005.
Constellation buyout and the fact I have been buying everything they offer plus wish list.
122 bottles left is plenty.

Me too dude
On list since 06 vintage

I’ve purchased regularly since 2005. Constellation purchase made me pass this year. It takes away the appeal of a Fred, Carol, TRB shop.

1st time WB posting but I thought this may help. I received my first offer from Schrader as well. I spoke with Frank at Schrader Cellars in 11/2018 and he informed me that there is a Dec offer and a Jan offer. I followed up with him in Jan and he said that the Jan release was postponed a few weeks and that’s why we received it in Feb. I signed up for the waitlist in 2016 and was told at that time the average wait is 3 years but that it is also dependent on the production based on vintage. Frank has been very helpful the few times I emailed him. I am looking forward to my 1st purchase and I have faith that TRB was able to produce some of the best quality wines in a difficult 2017. I was a little concerned about the purchase by Constellation but with no changes made to TBR’s role, the grapes are still coming from existing contracts with Beckstoffer and the addition of a new To Kalon, I am very hopeful the quality will remain very high. So far Schrader has given no reason to think otherwise. It will be interesting to track the progress of Schrader’s new chapter. I understand why many long time Schrader mailing listers decided not purchase this years allocation but for the new ones to the allocation list, I hope we have many years of enjoyment ahead of us. Only time will tell-Cheers

Your gonna buy or pass this year you thinking. Looks like a bunch of folks gonna pass.

Was gonna pass but a friend expressed interest in it so may share it with him. FWIW the CCS is most often the highest scoring and best wine. Multiple 100 pt scores on it over the years. Getting offered 2 in a five pack is nice

Stopped buying after the 2015 vintage. Easy pass tho nowadays with better wines at better prices all over the valley.