Lillian Winter 2019 Offering

Three-pack: 2016 Grenache and Gold Series No5/6 Syrah @ $325
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon @ $200
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Maggy @ $400

I was allo’d 2/3/1 respectively.

Her cabs are good, but steep (Howell Mountain AVA) - based on the letter their “final bottling from True Vineyard” Priced the same as the No2 which was a 50/50 blend of 13/14 Howell vintages.

Grenache is their inaugural for Lillian - attended a private tasting they had here in Philly back in Oct of last year, surprised they hadn’t poured it.

Notably surprised that, for Maggie’s Lillian label being established off of Syrah history, that they have no standalone offering of that this allo.

I think the three-pack is (1) Grenache, and (1) each of Bien Nacido Syrah and White Hawk Syrah.

I emailed Ingrid for clarification on that - will update once she confirms the makeup

Yes you’re correct - No5/6 Syrahs from White Hawk and Bien Nacido

Grenache is also Bien Nacido

In for the 3-pack.

I love the wines, but I can’t justify the cost these days.

I was surprised it didnt specify the numbers of the grenache/syrah. assuming the same as everyone else but think they’d spell it out.

I’m with Kyle, its just too steep for me. much as I like her wines.

It was a bit hidden in the flowery descriptions…

“Gold Series Numbers 05 and 06 are six-barrel, single site selections from White Hawk and Bien Nacido vineyards, respectively. Neither single blocks nor a skimming off of the most successful barrels, these are particular and particularly distinctive renditions of indelible signature of each of these sites. Both oceanic in nature, the White Hawk is the sunlight zone; the warm, undulating surface, vibrant with life, melting into darkness and depth while Bien Nacido its salty, freshening, aerial counterpart. One bottle of each of these will be tucked into a three-pack with a bottle of the first Lillian Grenache, also from Bien Nacido, a study in the variety’s seeming monopoly on the textural interplay of intensity and levity. Three expressions, never imagined, pulled surprisingly into our orbit at the blending table one year ago.”

hold on, now that I’ve got my decoder ring out I see it.

haha thanks for pointing it out. so the three pack is 2x $110 Syrah (probably worth the price) and a $100 Grenache… seems to fit the pricing of the cab. a little more than I wanna pay for any of the three varieties.