Wine Consigners, Inc. -Anyone used them recently?

Wine Consigners, Inc. Anyone used this place in 2018 or this year? Has some interesting stuff but no address and no info about who owns it.

Bought from them last week. Wine arrived as expected. I also received emails from them with shipping / Tracking updates, which was nice.

I’ll go back for sure.

Bump – any more info or experiences? thx

I bought some 2014 Leoville Barton from them a couple of years ago. Everything went fine. I’ve often looked at their older stuff, but I’ve never pulled the trigger. One annoying thing is they won’t hold wine for shipping weather, or this at least used to be their long-standing and firm policy (I haven’t asked about this recently). Given their location, this means there’s only like 8 weeks a year I would buy there. The shop has been around for at least a decade, I remember threads about them back on the Ebob site when it was still free and open (apparently the owner used to be the one answering the phone back then and it was reported that he was rude and unhelpful).

Decent experience thus far with them, though been selective in purchases (they do have very food photography of all bottles). Especially appreciate the “make an offer” feature

I’m a big fan of them as a retailer. I work with Hannah (who I think might be the daughter of the aforementioned owner) and have probably acquired 60 - 80 bottles from them in the past 3 or so years. They seem to source most or all of their older inventory from auctions so of course provenance can’t really be guaranteed but for what it’s worth I’ve had better luck with bottles from them than those I’ve bought at auction myself. I really like the make an offer option which seems to save me around 5 - 10% on what are already some of the lowest prices around. Shipping isn’t outrageous, and they’ve been flexible about when and how they ship.

Oh and the one time they had mislabeled a wine (they indicated it was a reserve instead of a regular bottling), they went out of their way to make it right.

Good to hear Chris. If they’re willing to hold wines for shipping weather these days, that would be a major improvement as they have many old, hard to find wine that I’d be interested in.

Used them several times. Always been pleased. If the bottle looks good from the picture, I would not hesitate to purchase.

Not sure if it’s just because I’m a regular customer but they’ve held for me for a few months before, including a single bottle they’re currently holding due to covid.

Their website explicitly says they will hold for weather.

I just made a purchase today and had a great phone conversation. They even reviewed the provenance of the wine I purchased!