Who bottles salmanazars or balthazars in Napa/Sonoma/Norcal?

Looking for a going away gift for a co-worker who loves red wine, especially cab. Are there any local (Napa/Sonoma/Norcal) wineries that bottle salmanazars (9L) or balthazars (12L) which won’t break the bank ($75 or less for each 750ml equivalent)?

Based only on memory, perhaps Elizabeth Spencer, Silver Oak, or Alexander Valley Cellars. Good luck!

I would check out Pride, I bought a few 9L in the early 2000’s.

So you’re giving your soon-to-be-former coworker a white elephant? [pwn.gif] How about a nice 3 bottle lot, 6 bottle lot, or magnum of their favorite Napa wine in it’s wooden presentation box? How often will they have occasion to drink a 9L or 12L bottle? [scratch.gif]

How are they going to pour it?

Not sure if this is from Napa or not. No label
EA4D2903-D112-4938-99A5-D7D124854B00.jpeg

It’s likely something that’s not going to be sold online, but pick your favorite winery and call them - for a special occasion, they’re more likely to sell you one. These sizes are typically bottled for personal use and auction donations.

Hah, fair. Yes, it’s a bit of a white elephant gift, but hopefully something memorable. Idea is that the whole team can sign the bottle, we’ll open it at his going away party, and it’ll be something he keeps around in his garage after drinking vs. a 6 bottle lot that’ll get drunk and then thrown away.

I’ve actually been at an event when they had a salmanazar…it took two people to pour, but it was surprisingly not too bad.

Yeah for sure. But I know a lot of wineries don’t even deal with stuff 6L or larger, so was trying to winnow down the list before emailing a bunch of wineries.