2016 Scarecrow Allocation

Got an e-mail from Scarecrow that I am finally being invited to purchase the upcoming '16 release. I’ve been buying the M. Etain each year, for years, but this was the first year that I passed, and then I get a Scarecrow allocation. Go figure.

I’m curious where it will be priced since the '17 was scrapped.

I had not heard the '17 was scrapped, thanks for the information.

Not saying you are wrong , but where did you hear/see that the 2017 Scarecrow was scrapped ?

My understanding is that buying M. Etain does nothing for you as far as the Scarecrow list.

And I think Screaming Eagle 17 was scrapped, hadn’t heard anything re: Scarecrow, maybe I missed it.

1 Like

Sorry, I got my wires crossed - it was Screaming Eagle, not Scarecrow that scraped the 2017.

I had also heard that buying M. Etain does not help status on the Scarecrow list, but I think I can confirm it now.

1 Like

It took two years of buying M. Etain before I got on offer, first SC vintage was 2013, $900 a pack.

You don’t have to purchase Etain to be allocated Scarecrow.

1 Like

Interesting. I haven’t received the email yet. I was offered the Scarecrow and M. Etain for the last several years but didn’t buy. Kept getting allocations. Finally bought some '16 M. Etains last fall and maybe now they kicked me off the Scarecrow allocation list!

I just logged in and it said Scarecrow list members would be offered in March though…I hope so. Looking forward to these.

I was offered Scarecrow in 2007 and bought the 3 bottles they offered me, I received the same email as above for the 2016 Vintage. Nothing in between… How much $$ does this wine release for now?

I purchased '05, '06 and '07. Skipped '08. Went to the back of the waiting list. Got an offer for '15.

2015 was $1050, guessing 2016 will be $1125.

If you get an allocation of Scarecrow and don’t buy it, you are automatically move to the end of the waiting list. That’s why.

Sigh, my email says I can expect an allocation in 2021.

Pretty good guess (unfortunately) IMO

1 Like

Nearly same boat, but '16 will be my first offer since passing. Although we went to the back of the line, I know several that joined after we passed and were offered before us.

I keep getting emails even though I haven’t bought in a decade.

They send emails but no allocations after a year or two.

I don’t know when I signed up. Maybe 10 years ago. I got an allocation this year for the first time. I have never bought M. Etain.

Hard pass at $1200. Not in my budget.

I got the offer again though i have not bought and Fu’lipped the wines in years. When I bought they were $150 per.

Got my email today also. Last year was my first year getting an allocation and I got 3 bottles. I hope I get allocated more this, my second year.

1 Like