Rose and Arrow Estate

Not sure how I was added to their email list, but it showed up in my inbox yesterday. My first thought was well let me see what they have to offer as I had never heard of them and they posted some nice scores on the email from WS and JR.
Nice, Oregon Pinot works for me, then I looked at the prices and had sticker shock! $100-150/per with several pinots to choose from. Maybe I take a flyer if in the $40-60 range. Is this something to expect going forward with Oregon wines?

No. This is the latest incarnation of Mark Tarlov. And he’s a long way from what is typical in Oregon.

The wines are probably well made, and I am sure the story is amazing…Tarlov does storytelling well. But you can probably get better wines for one third the price.

FWI, I drank a bottle of 2016 The Point last week and thought it was truly stunning with a depth and mouthfeel I rarely taste in OR Pinot,
I immediately bought 3 more bottles for the cellar MT

Good to know. I’ll make sure to take a second look at these wines.

Although, FWI, I generally feel that way about the Temperance Hill and Cuvee J bottlings from Evesham Wood too.

2016 is also a superlative vintage in the Willamette Valley, IMO, and one I am also adding to my cellar in larger than normal quantities(Full disclosure, I do make wine in Oregon)

Last, most of the Burgundian projects in the Willamette Valley do a wonderful job with texture and mouthfeel. I would suggest Dom. Nicholas-Jay($50-80), Lingua Franca(very good wines from $35-80), and Evening Land(La Source at $60). All excel at texture, and depending upon your palate, would be worth exploring.

Anyone else try these wines yet? I’m considering purchasing The Point.

Is this an offshoot of “Bow and Arrow” from Oregon? They sound a little too similar that it sounds like copyright infringement.

Does Evening Land have new (or recently new) ownership. I’ve noticed a label change and the more recent wines I’ve tasted seem a bit different.

Saw this written up in the last Wine Spectator, pricey pricey

Rose & Arrow is completely unrelated to Bow & Arrow.

ELV has been run by Raj Parr and Sashi Moorman for the last few years.