TN: 2009 Louis Boillot - Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Cherbaudes (France, Burgundy, Côte de Nui

2009 Domaine Louis Boillot et Fils Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Cherbaudes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru (1/19/2019)
– double-decanted approximately 2.25 hours before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over 2.5 hours –

NOSE: dark cherry; expressive; wet sand; strong floral note; hint of coffee bean.

BODY: medium-light bodied.

TASTE: red-fruited; underlying meaty/gamey aspect; slight tannins; 13% alc. not noticeable; medium-low acidity; certainly speaks of the vintage, as did the '13 bottling of the same — they were wildly different bottles; drink now and over the next 10 years: my preference is to Hold for at least 5 more years. Gut impression score: low 90s.

How was the '13? Because this never shows up in retail around here, I’m having a bottle of the '13 sent with some other things I have coming to try the first time.

I loved it, but it most certainly will not be to everyone’s liking.

From a couple years ago:

2013 Domaine Louis Boillot et Fils Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Cherbaudes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru (1/14/2017)
– popped and poured –
– tasted a couple glasses non-blind over a few hours –

NOSE: grapefruit; spicy pomegranate; pretty; very nice.

BODY: light to medium-light bodied.

TASTE: tight; strong grapefruit, which I enjoy greatly; high acid; 13% alc. not noticeable; little bit of very fine tannin; not the most structured or most serious of Burgundies by any stretch of the imagination, but I enjoyed this a lot — it’s my kind of Burg! Gut impression score: 91 – 92.