2015 DRC Wines

I know the vintages are quite important when it comes to high-end wines. What is the vintage like for 2015 DRC wines? Is it a good year to have or are there better vintages to look for? They just released this in Ontario and I have never seen it here before.

If the price is right, buy all you can.

they released on a lottery basis tho right? i.e. u hit the lottery and can buy 1 bottle?

Couple weeks ago, my friend opened up a 2015 St. Vivant…it was stunning! Wish I could afford a bunch of it to see how it ages.

Correct. I won twice. Once a 2005 Echezeaux and then again for a 2011 Grand Echezeau. I always choose a case of each if only for the novelty. This year, struck out as I did with the bourbons on offer.

whaaaaa lucky bum! [cheers.gif] got zippo. :frowning:

Struck out with bourbon too, but got 1 bottle of DRC.

Of course, was expecting to get a bourbon and had zero expectations about DRC lottery… :neutral_face:

You can ask Halpern’s to get on their list as well, so you don’t have to play the lottery. 15’s are long sold through, but you can ask. You should expect to spend some other $ with them as well. They should get a larger volume of '17’s in a few years, so you never know.

Vuk - Are you suggesting you received the DRC RC via the LCBO?

Jerry - unlike almost everything else in Ontario- the price IS right here for the entire line-up.

What is this lottery you speak of?

A small % of the Ontario allocation of DRC wines are provided (demanded is more accurate) by the importer to the monopoly and then allocated via lottery system. Given we are talking about anything between 6 (RC) and perhaps up to 60 bottles (Corton/ Ech) for a province of 13.5m people, getting more than 1 or 2 bottles at most via this lottery has been impossible for at least 15 vintages. 20-25 years ago, it occasionally sat on shelves. Those days are long gone.

I won the right to buy a bottle of RC this year and got a La Tache last year.

I hope you brought a lottery ticket that day as well.

An RC! That’s amazing!

Yes, LCBO lottery. It was 2015 St. Vivant.

I eill make sure to stop by your place next time i’m in Toronto to help you drink it. [whistle.gif] . champagne.gif

I got lucky with the DRC lottery, no so lucky with the bourbon…

Wait… so did the OP get an allocation through the lottery? Or did he merely see that it was on the website and was thinking he could order some? The prices are actually pretty awesome on these wines, so if OP got an allocation, don’t hesitate!

He won the lottery. Which means he can buy 1 bottle
The prices are insane. I think for the RC it’s something like $2000.

“Ruby colour with subtle fragrant red and black fruits, rose petal and spice nuances. Medium full chewy fruit, somewhat sauvage yet beautifully pure. There is a slight savoury, saline, earthy note with fine tannins. Long, graceful finish. Classic, delineated composition. Best 2023-2036+”

Lol, see you in 10 years!

Even insanER… $4,435 [shock.gif] [swoon.gif]

Canadian dollars tho right? So like. $200 usd? :wink:
Kidding. But yah still crazy deal.