2017 Westside Road Neighbors Pinot Noir
2017 Olivet Lane Vineyard Pinot Noir
2017 Unoaked Chardonnay
2017 Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay
2017 Olivet Lane Vineyard Chardonnay
2017 Fanucchi-Wood Road Zinfandel
2017 Papera Vineyard Zinfandel, 750mL
2017 Vista Verde Vineyard Late Harvest Gewurztraminer

Williams Selyem has access to exceptional vineyards and Jeff and his team do a great job with the fruit. While the wine is not inexpensive, I’m a big fan.

I always grab a few bottles each release. My fav Cali pinot producer

Agree

Log time fan.

Tasted an 08 RRV this weekend and it was lovely. Had gotten off this list a number of years ago, but decided to get back on.

I’m also a fan/buyer but my favs are offered in the fall.

Also a fan but haven’t purchased/tried recent vintages.
Thoughts on differences since Mangahas took over as winemaker from Cabral?
Thanks
Pat

Really enjoy their wine. Even the cheaper bottlings. One thing I really appreciate about them is they don’t screw you on shipping as much.

THe Westside Neighbors is consistently a great wine.

Just got on the list but I have so much pinot – recently hosted a pre-1998 Williams Selyem dinner and supplied nine bottles – that I mainly want the incredible zins. But allocation was zero on both, which is fair but unfortunate. Based on Bruce’s note above maybe I’ll add some Westside to my small order but I doubt I’ll do a 2017 WS dinner in 20 years at age 80.

FYI at that dinner two months ago the 94 95 96 Allen and the 96 but not 95 Rochioli were as good as American pinot gets for my preferences.

I’ve been on the list a bit and only got one bottle of the Papera Zin.

Picked up one bottle of every pinot. But agree, my favorites are the fall release wines.

Requested the Fanucchi-Wood Zinfandel along with my other bottles of Pinot and the Papera Zin.

Anyone have experience with the wish list for Williams Selyem?

Last year was the first Spring offering I’d received and I wishlisted the Fanucchi (which was the first vintage of it), and I received my request.

Great thanks.

We have an 88 Leno Martinelli zin. What to expect?

Just had a couple of the 2016’s this week at the winery. Stylistically, I don’t think Jeff has changed much after taking over for Bob.

Just got an email from a shop in the city offering up to 6 bottles per customer. Certainly the price is higher than the release price. Made me wonder why I got 0 allocation on Unoaked Chardonnay this time…

I just hosted a dinner with 9 old Wms Selyem including a Hacienda del Rio Zin from that vineyard made somewhere between 1979 and 1983. It was tired. But I’ve had several bottles of the 1990 (names the vineyard on the bottle) to 1992 (the last year, says RRV on the bottle but it’s Martinelli), from that vineyard, and they’re outstanding, nothing like the later Martinellis Jackass Hill from that vineyard . If the 1988 is similar I’d expect a sort of quiet, creamy, lovely wine that needs 2 to 3 hours air, it will be almost silent or odd upon opening.

I just received notice that I will be receiving the Papera Vineyard Zinfindel from my waitlist request.