Todd/ Brig 2016 Wilde Farm Wines Chardonnay Alder Springs Vineyard

Todd, me and the spouses got together post BD 10 to celebrate. More like a makeup date for the wives because the two weeks before Berserker day they were severely neglected.

In true Berserker fashion we grilled Flannery steaks and I popped this BD purchase Wilde Farm Chardonnay which showed very impressively. Todd finally got a chance to use Chris Fremott’s glasses so he spent 20 minutes playing with a Rhone and this chard in the 4 glasses.

• 2016 Wilde Farm Wines Chardonnay Alder Springs Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino (2/3/2019)
    Super wine. What’s fascinating about this wine is that it has tremendous acidity on the attack yet mid palate it has excellent weight and mouthfeel with a slight creaminess. Good zesty lemon and lime flavors.

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds like a winner to me… So far everything I’ve gotten from Wilde Farm has been top notch especially at the BD pricing. Great QPR… They offer good futures pricing during the year as well…

Sean

Thanks for the tasting note, Brig!!! [berserker.gif]

This sounds like a good Chardonnay. I like a Chard to have fresh acidity and not a heavy dose of oak, but some body added by lees-stirring can be a beautiful thing.

Can you elaborate on the deal with the wine glasses?

Chris Freemott had sent out a bunch of tester Grassl stems to people in the commerce thread before launching them on BD10. Chris had emailed me/Todd asking questions/strategy for BD and I said “send me a glass and I’ll review it” and it ended up being the last 4 stems Chris had so Todd didn’t get to try them until I brought them over.

He was pissed. [stirthepothal.gif]

champagne.gif

I’m sure the ladies were mesmerized by this display of dinner party entertainment!

Yeah, they both got headaches from the eye-rolling.

It was a BerserkerDay-laden evening. I used Veleta olive oil, Flannery, and had Saunter and Wilde Farm wines.

The Wilde Farm Chardonnay was super impressive - I’d say Brig wrote the notes well because I think he just stole them from me, as that’s roughly what I recall saying. It had the citrus/acid bite of a Chablis but a much creamier and softer mouthfeel to it.

[rofl.gif]

To be fair, you were hogging all the stemware…

[stirthepothal.gif]

Nah, I went through them quickly - ended up sticking with my Gabriel Glas Golds

I ordered those glasses as well. Sounds like a great pairing for the Chard. Thanks for the note Brig!

Thanks for the note. Looking forward to trying this one. I’ve been very impressed with the Wilde Farm wines I ordered last year on BD, especially the Donnelly Creek PN. Popped one over the weekend.

I purchased the PN too and left one on the counter top to check out. I’m really excited after the chardonnay experience.