Anyone try any of these champagnes lately?

2006 Dom
2009 Cristal
2009 Vilmart CdC
2004 Krug
2005 Vilmart GcDO
2006 Taittinger CdC

Which would you open?

05 Vilmart would be my choice. Yet a lot of folks seem to love the 06 CdC right now.

I’ve had the 2006 Dom and CdC and the 2004 Krug recently and while I thoroughly enjoyed all of them, the CDC was probably showing the most generously at the moment.

Also:

2009 Dom
2008 DV Fleur de Passion
2008 RL Legras St Vincent
Krug 163
Krug 165

09 Cristal is real nice

I agree with what Mike Evans said. I’ve had the same three in recent times.
I opened an '09 Dom back in early Nov…I wouldn’t open that right now considering your other choices.

Dom 06 showed weird for me the last time I had. Krug 04 is too young. The 163eme and 165eme are both young, but not “too young.”

I’d bet on the Vilmart 05, but haven’t had recently.

Same, had one a few months ago that was really disappointing compared to how amazing it showed on release.

Imo, best recent release Dom to drink right now is the 2008…yeah, it could get better but why even care when it’s so readily available?

I’m thinking we’ll crack a 06 taittinger cdc tomm then figure out the other one later; I have lots of choices which is either good or bad lol

Had the ‘09 Vilmart last week. While young, it is currently drinking very well.

I think I will take a crack at a 09 Vilmart cdc in a couple weeks.

Had this a month ago and really enjoyed it.

Didn’t like the 06 Dom… It had tough competition that night with cristal 07?, rare 02, heidsieck 1995, krug 163e magnum(WOTY), gosset 02, bolli grand anne 05, ace of spades etc.

Had the 09 this past October and thought it was fantastic and approachable in its youth. I have not had the opportunity to try the “recently” released 08.

Not a fan of 06 Dom either. If you have it, the 04 is spectacular if you want to keep your hands off the 08.

Otherwise, I’d go for the 06 CdC as the Changman already selected.

Agreed. Not a fan of 06 dom. 09 cristal comes off young as hell. 04 krug is awesome currently as are 06 cdc and 165. Id go krug then cdc then 165 havent had the rest recently

yeah we opened the 06 cdc which was great. I think we will hold off awhile longer on the krugs, even the 02 was too young to my taste recently.