Tell me about Vin Chicago?

Has anyone bought from them? I’m seeing a handful of wines I’m interested in there but want to be sure others have had positive experiences first as it looks a little “too good to be true” a la that one place that one time out in CA…

It’s one of my favorite shops here in Chicago. Ordered online for pickup, but have never had anything shipped.

Big fan. Pricing is amazing, particularly on cheaper stuff you can stock up on. They occasionally get some allocated stuff, too, as I’ve seen Turley, Bedrock, Cayuse and things like that there over tbe years, at decent prices.

They take online orders for pickup but I don’t believe they ship outside Chicago.

It’s local for me. The store itself is a bit bare bones, but the selection and people there are top notch.

they’ve been around forever (they were Wine Discount Center for a long time) and are excellent at what they do

Bare bones? It looks like they’re swimming in unique and interesting wine selections…there’s more of a problem with me not being able to cut the selections down to just a case. Sadly just learned they only ship in state…

If you’re looking for allocated, higher priced and collectable wines, you’ll generally find their selection thin and absolutely lacking in volume. It’s not what they do, but they’re a very respectable store.

He is talking more about layout than inventory

I think the reference to bare bones is a reference to the store and fixtures, not the selection )which is relatively limited compared to Binny’s)

Kirk

Its a real store and business, i would have zero concerns about doing business with them

Sp PSA…they seems to have a ton of Guiberteau at reasonable prices and wines that I’m limited to buy 1-2 bottles total they seem to have plenty. For anyone in the area…I’d be snapping up those Clos de Carmes & Breze.

They get plenty of allocated wines. But you’ve got to be on the ball and move quickly or they will be gone in a flash. Got some bottles of Cedric Bouchard’s excellent 2016 Val Vilaine Blanc de Noir shortly after they were released last fall, at $60.00/bottle. They had a few cases and they were gone in a couple of days. To get them, I had to daily check their “Latest Arrivals” on their web site and order them the first day they showed up.

Buy with confidence.

They say “hi Len!” when I walk in.

Great group. One of the best in the city.

Also a big fan. One of my largest and favorite sources.

Sent a friend there based on this thread. He sent me an email they sent him with tasting notes on all of the wines he bought. Never saw that before from a wine store. Nice touch.

My go to store. The nearest to me is in Barrington.

They’ve been a huge supporter of PGC wines and I have poured there a couple of times in the past few years. Great, to the point of overwhelming, turnout on both occasions. Owner is a terrific guy. They are definitely not putting the profit into store beautification, LOL!:smiley: I love going there and just checking stuff out. For a store with that much inventory and that many selections they do really seem to be aiming high and not stacking a bunch of corporate crap. Great place IMO.